Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Endeavor or Apex Help Me Decide >

Endeavor or Apex Help Me Decide

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Endeavor or Apex Help Me Decide

Old 11-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never own one but I have been told that the Apex get enough blow back that its a problem, I do own an Omega and I know it does, while my Triumph and my Endeavor do not get any. I do not like blow back and to me that is a quality issue. I can adjust the head space on my endeavor can an Apex do that?
Old 11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Apex's are all over the place in black and SS. Cabelas in Wheeling has three. The camo version is tough to get.

As Sabotloader said i wouldn't buy either for my first ML. The Triumph is alot easier to use then an Omega in my opinion with no blow back.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned

never heard of anyone but UC shooting one of the Apex's so far. Head spacing issues are big problem on the tc as you'd find on www.bellmtcs.com along with many other things.

Optima Elite is fixable if they have that issue so i would say that apex is fixable too should that issue occur
Old 11-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know who told Lee the Apex has blowback problems but they were smoking rope. That breech plug is a marvel - the only debris I had on the action side of the plug after shooting SWISS 3F behind 497 grain conicals was a couple of flakes of primer residue.

Blowback? Nutz! And I will put the Apex up against the Encore any day of the week so far as quality. The Encore will LOSE. Of course that is my opinion after owning only one Apex but several Encores. There is no doubt in my mind which I would choose again.

The below pic was taken after several shots with Blackhorn and a few with Swiss 3F - nothing had been wiped down.

I would truly suggest restraining from judgmental comments based upon nothing more than unfounded hearsay.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Apex's are all over the place in black and SS"

Grouse, please let potential buyers know where they might find all these Apex rifles. Are the ones in Wheeling muzzleloaders or centerfires?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

If you buy an encore insist that you be able to pull the trigger some are excellent and others need work. Mine was 2 + lbs from the factory.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own an Endeavor and I say go with the Apex. T/C's are way overpriced and the cost is definitely not worth what you get. They can justify this because all the "Professional Hunters" on TV are using them. I love this gun and will admit that the only reason I bought it is because I have a man-crush on Jim Shockey, but if I had it to do over I would have gotten something else. For now I am satisfied with it.