Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Can not believe what I read >

Can not believe what I read

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Can not believe what I read

Old 11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Can not believe what I read

Guys - Don't think you are going to believe this either. I went into the NAHC blackpowder forum and there was a guy on there that wanted some help so I decided to see what his problem was. Well, it turns out that he wanted to see how many bullets his 45 cal Win Apex would take!!! And he just stuffed them down the barrel until he ran out of bullets. And now he was asking how to get them out. And these guys are actually out there in the woods with firearms - I was so dumbfounded I did even offer assistance.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. Bahahahahaha oh jeese. Tell him to beat the gun on his head until they fall out.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back in the day when we could just use (patch and round balls) a guy I knew used 2 balls in his ML, believe it or not he never had a problem and he got a-lot of deer. But as for that guy stuffing his ML with bullets you'll read about him and his lawsuit against the ML manufacture who made the ML when it blows up in hos face!
(BP)
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned

wow!! Im gonna go see how much powder my barrel will hold!

Any idea on the best way to get it out afterward?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Its unfortunate that people buy muzzle loaders and never read the manual. Then having little to no knowledge of the rifle and how they work want people to explain to them in a few paragraphs how to shoot and maintain a muzzle loader.

The worst part is some of them come up with some real hair brain ideas. It never fails.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
wow!! Im gonna go see how much powder my barrel will hold!

Any idea on the best way to get it out afterward?
Just put in a primer and shoot it out
Old 11-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had another funny one from a reliable source. One of our friends was pick up another early one morning to go out for deer with the MLs. We had some knowledge of BP but not as much as today. And because his rifle was cleaned he figured he would dry/foul the barrel before he went out. So he dropped some powder down the barrel and primed the pan, (Now remember, this is about 5:00 am), codks the hammer and pulls the trigger. Instead of getting a nice quiet pfffffffft like he thought, he got a very loud BOOM. Neighbors lights came on, cops showed up. Fortunately we all know all the cops and when he explained what happened, the cops let him go, al be it laughing at him. He realy could have gotten fined for discharging a firearm in the borough limits. We still tease him about this.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Then you pull the trigger and get this....

Boom!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rootsy
Then you pull the trigger and get this....

Boom!
DAMN rootsy...did you scroll through all the pics!!! I suggest you not look through them all if you have a weak stomach or just ate! LOL...didnt bother me but may some.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Back in the day when we could just use (patch and round balls) a guy I knew used 2 balls in his ML, believe it or not he never had a problem and he got a-lot of deer. But as for that guy stuffing his ML with bullets you'll read about him and his lawsuit against the ML manufacture who made the ML when it blows up in hos face!
(BP)
thats actually a good load, I tried it a few times for fun back when I shot sidelocks and the 2 balls always hit right on top of each other. I dont think its dangerous becasue two rnd balls only wieghs 350grs , less than some conicals . wish i could use that load to hunt w/ in NY, it be devastaing on deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.