Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

50 cal omega

Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Spike

Default 50 cal omega

Went out yesterday morning to 1 of my favorite hunting spots.Got in my treestand about 45 mins before light an waited on first light.Well to make a long story short a nice buck came into range at about 80yds broadside.Judged him to be a shooter buck an once he gave me the shot i wanted the hammer dropped again.Heard limbs breaking an deer running........could not see through all the smoke so was not sure if i had even hit the deer.So waited about 25 mins before climbing out my stand.Went to where he was standing at the time i shot an found blood.........an lots of it.followed the bloodtrail about 60 yds an the blood trail dissapeared.looked everywhere for more blood.........found nothing....So i figured he went down hill an sure enough he did.......found him laying under some fallen trees...dead.He was shot with 100grs pyrodex select a 250gr shockwave superglide an cci 209 ign.nice 10 pt with 3 small kickers.exit hole was awesome..double lung shot.....look like jelly.will post pixs as soon as i figure out how...SORRY SO LONG.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Nice! Its a good feeling when you rip a huge hole in a deer! Congrats and we want pics ASAP!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

exit hole was awesome..double lung shot.....
THAT'S the way it's done. Congratulations.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Spike

Nice job. Way to follow up.
Omega strikes again.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your deer
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Spike

These Omegas are pretty sweet guns for sure. Let's see the pics. 9 days till gun season but who's counting. Yea