Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Help me i needhelp ohh my god i need help >

Help me i needhelp ohh my god i need help

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help me i needhelp ohh my god i need help

Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help me i needhelp ohh my god i need help

Well yesterday i gave the word to Afterlife to charge my card for the triumph all camo and the omega bdc scope. Just under 780 for the guns cope rings and mounting. Plus the 21.00 for shipping. Best price i could find. Hopefully it is hear wensday or thursday.
I do not know if i can wait till then. I guess i have been waiting since the thing came out a few more days wont hurt much.
Also i was looking at the TC 209 primers figured i would use there primers i could only find them in a 500 pack do they come in a smaller pack. Also what primer would you recommend for the triumph.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mail-order primers generally come in 1000+, not worth the Hazmat crap to do that IMO. And there's no need to go with T/C Primers. Winchester, Remington, CCI etc...all these can usually be purchased in small packages of 100 at any store with reloading or muzzleloader supplies.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

My main primer has been 209w(winchester) for at least 7 years in a number of ML's. including a truimph. Like mentioned they can be purchased at local hunting store in 100 pack's.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Fork Horn

What powder are you gonna use ?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Federal Primers in my Triumph without a problem also using Triple 7 Magnums
Old 11-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Z
Mail-order primers generally come in 1000+, not worth the Hazmat crap to do that IMO. And there's no need to go with T/C Primers. Winchester, Remington, CCI etc...all these can usually be purchased in small packages of 100 at any store with reloading or muzzleloader supplies.
It is hard for me to try and understand why someone would only order 1000 primers at a time. But then I to must realize that not every one reloads everything they shoot. I normally combine powder and primers in every order and never order less than 5000 primers at a time. Have a look at Powder Valley for good pricing on powder and primers. There is nothing wrong with Chedite and Wolf primers. we even use both in muzzle loading rifles that use the origonal black powder substitute.

Ken
Old 11-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well i was going to use 777 but someone told me i would be better off with pyrodex for the bdc on the omega scope. I am also planning on going with the primers atleast for now. Trying to keep it simple because i will only have a few weeks to get everything ready
Originally Posted by revpilot
What powder are you gonna use ?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

There have been quite a few of us using and talking about the combination of Shock Wave 250 gr and the Short Black Harvester sabot with which any good reloading primer will work, I have heard that there is a bad lot of TC primers out doing a lot of misfires so I would avoid them until the problem is resolved. While some people are still using 777 the best results with this load are being produced by Blackhorn 209 most of the time.
Also realize that most TC guns require a break in of 50 to a 100 shots before they produce there best groups. If you are in a hurry for results at long range about 50 strokes with JB bore paste on a good tight patch replacing the bore paste about every 5 strokes will polish your bore.
Also 110-115 or 120 gr of Black horn depending on your particular gun and elevation will match up with your Omega BDC. Lee

Last edited by lemoyne; 11-01-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Spike

A couple things on primers for the triumph from my experience:

1) on some Triumphs Triple 7 primers are too long and will not allow the gun to close. I was shooting Black mag 3 w/ Remington Klean-Bore primers and got a bad crud ring. Switching to Remington SST (STS??) primers seemed to help.

2) IF you decide you want to use the Vari-Flame conversion kit (to alledgedly get rid of the crud ring by using regular small rifle primers) - I found that only 1 of the 10 adapters that came with the kit would allow the gun to close. They adapters were too long..

Brian
Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the longer breech plug in the Triumph and Endeavor i would not substitute primers. Federal 209A's or CCIM should be your only choices. I dont care what powder you use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.