Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Speedloaders for lose powder in the field >

Speedloaders for lose powder in the field

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Speedloaders for lose powder in the field

Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use these but have cut them off since i took this photo . I keep one in a pouch on the side of my encore butt stock . With a spin jag and three patches . I fill two with 90 grains of 777 and one with two sabots/bullets . Got them at Wal mart at close out prices .

Last edited by UtahRob; 10-29-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sabotloader
bossmoss

I really prefer the TC 4 in 1 speed loader....they hold the powder in one end the bullet and sabot in the other and provide a sliding short starter....

https://secure.tcarms.com/store/4-n-...t-no-7057.html
these are what I like and use.. they have separate places for the bullet (and bullet starter) , primer, AND powder.. With some of them the bullet is what holds the powder in..

Brian
Old 10-31-2009, 01:56 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by thatguybme
these are what I like and use.. they have separate places for the bullet (and bullet starter) , primer, AND powder.. With some of them the bullet is what holds the powder in..

Brian
.............have to saythe T/C 4in1 loaders are my favorite but for same price of 4 of the T/C's you can get about 50 lane's tube's and they won't ever open up till ya want them to..............karl
Old 10-31-2009, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by thatguybme

Brian
These came in the kit with my Omega. I have to admit, I'm not sure how they work. Mine are open on both ends. How do you jam the bullet in as to not let the loose powder out?

Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

I use lightning loaders made butler creek. I believe they are no longer made but CVA makes a simular speed loader. They are a straight through design and will take 100 gr of powder and a patched ball or conicle. The tubes are capped at each end. The powder end can be opened and powder poured down the barrel and with the tube still in place the tube can be opened at the ball end and projectile can be pushed all the way through the tube and into the barrel. A very easy and efficient operation.

I believe cabellas sells the CVA loaders.