Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Power Rod (t-handle) question >

T/C Power Rod (t-handle) question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Power Rod (t-handle) question

Old 10-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Spike

Default T/C Power Rod (t-handle) question

Just ordered one of these and now I'm not so sure... when the "T" is stored or turned straight with rod, will that end tuck down into the regular rod storage area of my Encore? If not, that means I can't keep a cleaning jag / bullet starter on the rod all the time? (because the jag is way to big to fit down the regular storage area!) Any info would be greatly appreciated! Jeff in Ohio
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
tjj
Fork Horn

The "T" folds paralell with the rod when inserted in the thimbles. It's out of the way @ the muzzle end. It is concaved where the jag threads into it. I've never had a problem, using it as-is for a quick reload in the field. Loaded many types of bullets with no jag and no problem.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Spike

So your saying the t-handle will fit down in my "thimbles" as you call it? That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

be real careful in the brush. You might want to tape it or put gumband around it below the thimpble as it has a tendency to open and snag when it is pulled out some from the thimble. Lost mine last year in a real big tangle and nevcer new it until the end of the day sitting in a tree.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Spike

Now I'm confused... your T-handle is out where it can open up and snag on stuff near the muzzle of the barrel? I want my T-handle installed down in the rod holders and I want my jag / bullet seater to be out near the muzzle end...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Happy Pappy
Now I'm confused... your T-handle is out where it can open up and snag on stuff near the muzzle of the barrel? I want my T-handle installed down in the rod holders and I want my jag / bullet seater to be out near the muzzle end...
ok pappy ..i have an ENCORE and i measured the [rod .360 ]the [handle .435] the timbles on our ENCORE are [.375] so no ... the power handle only goes one way down the timbles ..i use it for hunting only and it is a great tool ...

Last edited by heinz57; 10-27-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Spike

Thanks Heinz57... didn't mean for you to go to all that work, but I do appreciate it. Jeff
Old 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

The T handle does NOT fit through the thimbles. The end of the rod that the jag threads into, slips through the thimbles and is under the foreend of your rifle. The T is under the muzzle/end of barrel.