Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Encore Problem >

T/C Encore Problem

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Encore Problem

Old 10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default T/C Encore Problem

Took the muzzy barrel off my Pro Hunter(brand new gun) yesterday and put on my 7mm Mag to get it sighted in. No problems during the process. But,I put the 50 Cal. barrel back on,and now the hammer will not ****. Any ideas?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try firmly snapping the action closed. Sounds like the mechanical interlock isn't quite making contact. If that doesn't do it, take the barrel back off and wiggle that interlock a little, give it a drop of good lube. It's located at the very lower right inside the action opening on the right side (right side as you would normally hold the rifle) and only protrudes a little bit into the opening.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Underclocked. That did the trick. Kinda funny,but the tech folks at T/C suggested opening and closing the action. But,they did not say close it firmly. I really appreciate your help.......
Old 10-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

They didn't tell you to close it firmly because you should not have to close it firmly for it to operate correctly. If you need to close it firmly for it to operate correctly then you have a problem somewhere that needs fixed. Tom.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Took it back out to the range today. Now,it will not **** after I put a primer on. Again,the T/C tech folks are telling me to throw out the Triple Seven primers and stick with CCI 209's. Got some.....still won't ****. I'm beginning to think I just got a bad gun. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys.......
Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's that same interlock at work again. Probably a burr or piece of foreign matter causing it not to travel properly. The spring on it might also be jammed or broken. You might want to talk to TC about sending it in if you can't spot the problem.

Another concern might be the locking lugs on that barrel are not free to travel properly. That would definitely be one for TC to fix.

Last edited by Underclocked; 10-14-2009 at 06:26 PM.