Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph Loads

Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Triumph Loads

As soon as I get my Triumph back from the gunsmith (scope mount/bore sighted) I will be heading to the range and testing out two differnt sabot loads: Both will be pushed by 2 pellets of TRIPLE 7 MAGNUM, one will be the T/C Shockwave Superglide 250gr., and the other will be the Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ also in 250gr.

The T/C Shockwave Superglides shot well in my Omega, so it may do just as well in my Triumph, shooting will tell me more.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Let me know how you like the 777 magnums. I might try them at some point in between this season and next season. My buddy didn't have much luck with the superglides, but every barrel is different and maybe yours will like them. His groups were all over the place compared to the standard black sabots that come with the regular shockwaves. I haven't tried the second combo you talk about with the Barnes bullet. Good luck out there. Post a report when finished.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

BOWHUNTERCOP
several in the group here have tried the 777 mag pellets, none of use had good results as far as accuracy is concerned.
The Superglide sabots are for very tight barrels and in a very tight barrel they are good. Only about 1 in 5 TC barrels are that tight, I have and have had a number of TC inlines only one Triumph has ever liked them.
A suggestion: if what you are trying does not work try some Shock Waves 250 gr with a Short Black Harvester sabot with some standard pellets or get some loose Blackhorn and try from 100 to 120 gr. Lee
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 AM
mountaineer magic

I have about a box and half of magnum pellets left. I tried them in 2 different guns including the Triumph and my groups tripled in size. They went from about 2" to 6" , so I went back to regular pellets . Loose is actually even better as far as accuracy though.
My Triumph shoots the superglide shockwaves with pinpoint accuracy. I can't even load the black sabot shockwave. I must have the smallest 50 cal. bore on my Triumph I've ever sen in a 50 cal. I haven't checked the size but it's exceptionally tight . Bullets that go down the Triumph tight just about fall down the barrel of my Knight without needing any help. Good luck finding the right combo

Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Cop----listen to Lemoyne, he KNOWS what he's talking about!!!!!

I just got my Triumph sighted in about a month ago. I have a Nikon Omega ML scope with Nikoplex reticle (regular crosshairs).

My gun is sighted in at 150yards. I use TC SW 250gr, Harvester Short Black sabots, 50+50+30 777 pellets (130gr), and CCI primers.

If you are NOT using CCI primers..STOP and go get some. They are by FAR better than 777 primers. I've tried a lot of configurations with my Triumph. The above listed is what my gun likes. If you do not get good results with the 777 Magnum pellets, try what i am using; I don't think you will be disappointed.

There is a lot of good info on this site!!---DrAsus