Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

? about powder

Old 09-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Spike

Default ? about powder

I usually use triple 7 pellets but Two years ago i bought a jug of loose triple 7 on clearance sale at walmart and i was just wondering if this powder would still be good since ive had it this long, and ive never broken the seal on the container. any input would be appreciated
Old 09-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Spike

I would think it would be fine unless it was stored in some sort of very extreme conditions.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

When you open it, if it is not all clumped up, I would not be concerned at all.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing that would normally both it in that amount of time is moisture if the can was seal its unlikely that there is any problem as Cayuqad said it will clump up if it has a problem then you would need to take special steps to salvage it or it might not shoot so good. Lee
Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Chronograph would be a easy way to find out. 777 does suck moisture pretty bad. If the jug has been sealed and stored in a dry place you should be fine.