Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Whitehots pellets

Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default Whitehots pellets

I'm new to this forum and I saw that some was asking about the IMR's white hots. Well I'll be able to tell all hows they shoot.I'm going to the range in the morning I know it's going to hot and I know
I'll be hunting when it a lot colder than the temps that we are going thur up here In MA. I have a box of 72 and I saw that they sell for around $30.00. I'll post my findings tomorrow night. I shooting a CVA
Kodiak 50 cal. 350 gr soild.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Spike

Default IMR Opinion?

Did you have a chance to try out the IMR Whitehots? I just bought a ML and going to be buying some powder shortly. Just curious how the Whitehots worked out for you. I'll be doing my hunting up in Canada.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

any updates??? Im thinking of trying them in my endeavor.. so far the best grouping powder ive shot is the blackhorn.. T7 always did well for me also, but I like trying new things

also, keep us posted which primers you use also
Old 08-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Albino 777 pellets is what they are. The crud ring result will be the usual color.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased some and my rifle does not develop the crud ring as did the 777. I can't get it to group with a tinker's dain. However, I have the best groups with 120gr. American Pioneer with 338gr. powerbelt platinums. CJ
Old 09-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

I tested some at 75 yards and had pretty good results.. actaully grouped better than the T7 for me. I only shot 2 pellets vs 2 pellets of the T7 and FPS was 80fps more for the white hots.

I'm going to do more testing