Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Toby shooting a Triumph??? >

Toby shooting a Triumph???

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Toby shooting a Triumph???

Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 AM
mountaineer magic

Default Toby shooting a Triumph???

Well I knew that T/C was sponsoring Toby now,especially his blog, but in reading his newest post he also mentioned a load he was playing around with and the gun he is using is a T/C Triumph. His name just might end up in the same category as Jim Shockey's in the eyes of Knight fans.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Spike

gotta pay bills some how. I admit he is a very nice guy and took time to e-mail me more than once. I bought the gun, scope, bh209, and the hi-lux scope. I'm not him at all can't shot as nice as he did with the LRH but he has several thousand more shots than my 20 total shots in the gun. Regardless he has helped me get there now I have to fine tune. Regardless knight closed and his love for ML starts over without knight.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't blame him. The Triumph is a great rifle.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just glad to see that he's shooting off something other than his mouth. I guess the extortion thing didn't pan out so he had to find a real job!

Mike
Old 08-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I would not hold it against him for taking Thompson Center as a sponsor. If Knight went under, he had to look somewhere else. Just as if you lost your job, you would not remain loyal to the old company. You would be out there looking for a new place, new company, and new commitment. I wish him the best of luck with Thompson Center and his Triumph.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by cayugad
I would not hold it against him for taking Thompson Center as a sponsor. If Knight went under, he had to look somewhere else. Just as if you lost your job, you would not remain loyal to the old company. You would be out there looking for a new place, new company, and new commitment. I wish him the best of luck with Thompson Center and his Triumph.
I don't hold it against him. As matter of fact my Triumph is my favorite inline,even more so than my Disc Extreme.My Triumph actually outshoots the Disc Extreme at 200+ yards. I do have a LRH that I haven't shot but I doubt it will replace the Triumph. It just seems hard to get used to seeing the two nouns Toby and T/C in the same sentence together if you know what I mean. I kinda look forward to seeing what loads he comes up with for the Triumph even though I have a good shooting load already.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Toby got the Triumph, Shockey got the Endeavor. Toby got the better ML for sure. Shockey on the other hand got all the cash.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Toby got the Triumph, Shockey got the Endeavor. Toby got the better ML for sure. Shockey on the other hand got all the cash.
Rightfully so. Shockey is getting all the cash because he actually has popularity outside the internet forums. Yeah, Toby has written some articles and has a good website, but he can't even carry Jim Shockey's jock when it comes to overall popularity. And Jim advertises products to a much, much, much bigger audience than Toby could ever dream of.

As for Toby getting the better ML... That's definitely a matter of opinion. All the people I know that have an Endeavor love them. Some people I have met that have Triumphs have made several complaints about them. I for one think the Triumph is a great rifle but the stock feels too short for me and it also feels too lite. I still may purchase one eventually, but my opinion is that the Endeavor is a better rifle (for me anyway).

Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

Toby Bridges? No thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:57 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Toby Bridges? No thanks!
Here's a name I bet you really like then.
RANDY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.