Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scope covers

Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scope covers

How many of you guy's use them while hunting? I notice more and more people on TV dont use them. I just wonder if they dont because they arent paying for their scope????? I prefer my lenses to be clean and scratch free. So i do use them and they also help when storing the guns in the gun safe or cabinet.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scope covers

When I store my rifles I use the scope covers that normally come with the scope, but when I hunt I leave them at home.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use them, and try to get the see-thru kind if I can find them in the right size so that a snap shot is possible.

Of course, they usually get too cruddy to see through anyways. Which is exactly what would happen to my lense if they weren't on there.

The sponsors on the show probably don't want Butler Creek caps covering up their shiney new scope. Little of what we see on those shows is reality. I don't watch them much anymore except when I want my little girl exposed to hunting, there are very few not on game ranches/preserves anymore.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Butler Creek covers on my Remington 700 but not on the Endeavor. I use neoprene covers on both rifles when I store them.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Only in the rain and snow
RC
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader I own that has a scope gets Buttler Creek flip up scope covers. Maybe not the best or most expensive but they work for me. I flip them open when I get into my stand before day break.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Every rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader I own that has a scope gets Buttler Creek flip up scope covers. Maybe not the best or most expensive but they work for me. I flip them open when I get into my stand before day break.

+1 on the flip ups.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Flip-ups Oh Yeah.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

I use the flip ups, really like them . Never know what the weather is gonna be here in MI., lol
Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

When I store my rifles I use the scope covers that normally come with the scope, but when I hunt I leave them at home.
+1

Quick Reply: Scope covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.