Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Question

Old 05-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Spike

Default Encore Question

I started shooting my 50 cal Encore with 100gr clean shot and 295 powerbelts .I was having good results 1-2in group at 100yds ,when my group started to wander and open up so I quit for the day . I was cleaning it when I noticed my forearm was a little loose . I didnt bother to check it out because I didnt think it was that bad .When I went out to shoot it again , my first shot was way off and the rest of the group opened up to 4 to 5 in .When I was cleaning it I found the screws that hold on the lugs that attach to the barrel were about 1/2 turn loose .I tighened them up and the forearm was fine , could this have caused my point of impact to change that much .

Thanks Frank
Old 05-05-2003, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Encore Question

If it was that loose it possiblebly could.You didn' t say what stock you had? Mine is wood and I free floated the barrel the best I could using 2 steel washer between the fore end and barrel and removed any wood that was touching the barrel and action,if yours is the composite stock it may help to put a couple of washers there and make sure it is tight.
Lets us know what you work out??
Old 05-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: Encore Question

Herman thanks for the reply . I also called Thompson and they told me to use some Lock-Tite on the screws . I did and I finally had a chance to shoot today and it shoots great . Back to 2in. at 100 yds .Thanks for the help .

Thanks Frank