Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Boar Hog Down with a 250g Shockwave **PICS** >

Boar Hog Down with a 250g Shockwave **PICS**

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Boar Hog Down with a 250g Shockwave **PICS**

Old 06-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boar Hog Down with a 250g Shockwave **PICS**

Awesome hog! Great post too- that's great that it all came together for you. Although I have to agree with TNHagies- the only time that I'm going to sit in a cramped space when it is 110 degrees is when I'm in a sauna. Nice shooting too
Old 06-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: heinz57

thanks again for a complete report ..congradulation on your hunt ..could it be that the Shockwaves perform better when the weather is warm ,because when we hunted deer in november [temp 0 -5 ] the Shockwaves did not do well at all ..that is why i switched over to BARNES EXPANDER MZ ...
I do like the Barnes' better but I can't honestly say whether or not they would have had any different affect on the hog. I can't see the weather having anything to do with the performance of the bullet though.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TNHagies

Nice report SWThomas! You're a bigger man than I am, there's no way I'd set in a blind in 110 degree heat... It paid off for you though.

That Shockwave did the job. Can't complain about that performance.
It was definitely a test. A couple of time the though crossed my mind to just say screw it and leave. But I've been hotter than that before and I'm always properly hydrated. It was pretty uncomfortable though.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldsmellhound

Awesome hog! Great post too- that's great that it all came together for you. Although I have to agree with TNHagies- the only time that I'm going to sit in a cramped space when it is 110 degrees is when I'm in a sauna. Nice shooting too
Yes sir! Seriously, I actually thought to myself while I was in there that it felt like a sauna. I was literally soaking wet with sweat.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Where did you do this hog hunting? I live below Charlotte NC in a little town called Pineville. I have always wanted to go after some hogs. The only place I have ever seen them running wild in big numbers was down near Darien Georgia. I have a feeling from what I have read in some of your post lately that you are at Parris Island since I saw you were going to Okinawa soon. Were you hunting coastal hogs in that area? When I was there a few years ago I was amazed at the amount of rattlesnakes in that area. We were there at the request of a farmer that wanted us to get the hogs out of his cornfields. We actually caught about 10 hogs using dogs to hold them. Strangest type hunting I've ever done.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Great report SW. Great pics too. Sounds like your pataince paid off. Good hunting & good shooting. Im jealous. Octobers a long ways away
Old 06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Spike

S,,,,,,,,

I like the hog, I like you're determination, and I like your report.
I have killed at least twenty deer with the Shockwave and it sits next to the Barnes when I hunt.
Never lost a deer yet...I don't care what you hit a deer with, they seem to have the adrenaline and grit to do a death run up to a hundred yards or better before going down. They may not bleed much outside, but inside,,, they pump out. You hit em right....they go down.

Again...nice hog...jealous

Spit
Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

An excellant report, congratulations on a good boar. Lee
Old 06-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the nice hog
Old 06-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer655

Where did you do this hog hunting? I live below Charlotte NC in a little town called Pineville. I have always wanted to go after some hogs. The only place I have ever seen them running wild in big numbers was down near Darien Georgia. I have a feeling from what I have read in some of your post lately that you are at Parris Island since I saw you were going to Okinawa soon. Were you hunting coastal hogs in that area? When I was there a few years ago I was amazed at the amount of rattlesnakes in that area. We were there at the request of a farmer that wanted us to get the hogs out of his cornfields. We actually caught about 10 hogs using dogs to hold them. Strangest type hunting I've ever done.
Yeah, I'm currently stationed at Parris Island. I'm a member of a hunting club that has 2200 acres over in Okatie. It's only like 30 minutes from my house. There are hogs all over that place.

Quick Reply: Boar Hog Down with a 250g Shockwave **PICS**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.