Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Looking to buy my first muzzleloader. >

Looking to buy my first muzzleloader.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Looking to buy my first muzzleloader.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking to buy my first muzzleloader.

I did not even mention that the stainless Omega that I have is not one of the cheaper ones but one of the original expensive ones. I also did not mention that the front stock mounting boss is screwed to the barrel and the accuracy went all to crap when if finally got so loose that I could not get it tight. The screw bottoms out before the boss gets tight. After grinding off the end of the screw to the shorter length it now will tighten up. The good thing is that I have other muzzleloaders that I can use and the Omega is now a back-up to take along if all else fails.

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

jeeze MLkeith I would divorce the SOB if I was you and it acted like that to me!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Spike

I have owned and sold three inlines before I bought my Knight disc elete. Great rifle if you can find one. Another two cents.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

I think with enough range time any inline will perform at a high level. You have so many options now that even the low end Ml's will be fine. Now I own A ProHunter and I love it. But if you are looking price... T/C Blkdiamond...is a bargin. Simple gun and very good shooter with just about anything. I just purchased a Triumph and as far as Ml's go it is one awesome enginered gun. Good luck with whichever gun you go with.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: falcon

Yes, Knights areaccurate. However, if you buy a newKnight that is bad there is no one to make it right now that Knight is out of business.

http://www.knightmlhunt.com/EditorsView.html
Is the followinginformation incorrect?

http://www.knightrifles.com/

This closure will not affect service of Knight Rifles’ products. Customer service for wholesale and retail customers will be provided by Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. All warranty, non-warranty, and replacement part services will remain in place for the various customer categories and all customers will have access to experienced service personnel for consultation, questions, and repair of Knight products (in serviceable condition.) Sales of Knight’s parts and accessories will be also be handled by Modern Muzzleloading, Inc.

It was due to the above that I went ahead and bought one of Midway's half price KRB-7s.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Mike that's my understanding. I think someone said that there service is going to go back to Centerville, but that could me reading what I wanted to read. I'd have no problems buying a knight right now. They are supposed to put out new contact info after the 30th I think. The other hand of that is how many remington 700 ml are still out there and still shooting (in fact I'm toying with getting one and putting a microfit stock on it), I've got a Knight MK-85 Thats probably 15-20 years old, nothing wrong with it yet, of course I don't shoot it much anymore (to be fair I did have a 85 that I needed the trigger replaced on). My boss is still shooting his MK-85 and it's older than the one I have. Knights a good gun and if taken care of 95% of them will outlast us.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Whew after much research. I went with the T/C Pro Hunter. I just picked it up at Dick's Sporting goods for $749plus tax.

Now to figure out what scope I want to mount on this.