Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shills

Old 05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shills

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Old/New

I see one of the things you may have been 'shilled' on:

Windex w/Vinegar
Regular bluw Windex with Ammonia is a far better product for cleaning and patching a ML bore... - I am "shilling"

The rest of the 'shilled' products on your list list are all good products - I do not use them all but they all work.

I also should mention MMP sabots which I use and recommend, and yes i know Del Ramsey, have talked to him on the phone and yes he has sent me free sabots which I gladly shot and then turned in my evaluation of them. Ah shoot! I know and talk to Alan @ Harvester also - their sabots are awful good also - I would also recommend them.

Just aint worth it it... I am a 'shill'

OK.....I'll try the blue............you shill!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

I'm a pimp.

We know!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe what we have is a few people wishing they were on the side of getting freebies.
Hell if someone gave me a gun i'd brag it up for them also. Having spent a small fortune on related hunting items there is plenty of companies that should send me stuff.
So i say way to go all the Shillers keep gettin what you can it beats payn for it.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Spike

(Maybe what we have is a few people wishing they were on the side of getting freebies.
Hell if someone gave me a gun i'd brag it up for them also. Having spent a small fortune on related hunting items there is plenty of companies that should send me stuff.
So i say way to go all the Shillers keep gettin what you can it beats payn for it. )

I totally agree with what is said above.

Grouse, please be a "Shill". Thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

I have no problem with people giving a review on products they have tried. Be it a good review or a bad review. That is how we know what is available to us. Then it is up to each of us as individuals to determine if we want to use that product or not. What i do have a problem with is personal attacks on forum members , no matter who it is.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Gimpy

I have no problem with people giving a review on products they have tried. Be it a good review or a bad review. That is how we know what is available to us. Then it is up to each of us as individuals to determine if we want to use that product or not. What i do have a problem with is personal attacks on forum members , no matter who it is.
BRAVO!!!!!!! Best reply since this thread started.

If I like a product, I'll say so and why . . . if I don't like it - same thing.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

For full disclosure then, T/C once sent me 5 packs of free Shockwaves. Of course, they were the 250gr I don't shoot with a sabot too tight to fit any of my guns, sent as appeasement for me having to pay shipping TWICE to get a problem fixed with my Omega that they sent it out of the factory with. Since I still came out behind and every one of those bullets sits in my gun room unused, I claim no bias

I look at it this way. Am I 100% convinced Grouse is completely unbiased in his evaluations? No. Do I think he's a complete lacky/shill? Not in the way I once did. But there are individuals on here I trust to be unbiased, hardcore MLers like myself who report only their honest version of the truth and those who I don't. This list would include a lot of the long-term frequent members of the board. If they try and back up something grouse or another less recognized/trusted poster says then great, I'll try it for myself. But I'll never 100% buy anything I haven't verified myself, what fun would there be in it if I didn't have to shoot it myself to find out?

I think Grouse could learn something from this experience about the way he approaches things and presents himself. I think some of us (myself included) could also learn to regulated ourselves a little and handle the situation better.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck
Forgot to say "you are welcome".
Where are my manners

Steve
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

ive never seen him bragging about getting stuff for free. If the rifles aint free then its not worth braggin about

Like he said, Powder bullets, primers, gas are not free. Lets not forget to mention cleaning supplies.

All of the whiners here should start shooting and postings because im gettin bored of all this whining and crap. I'll even help start it in a couple days with a couple of my rifles.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm starting to miss good old Borecleaningweasel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.