Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Dissappointing Side-kick  (update) >

Dissappointing Side-kick (update)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dissappointing Side-kick (update)

Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Dissappointing Side-kick (update)

I was looking for a Nef Side-kick for a while and finally found one that looked really nice from the pictures. Well, the outside looks really good (95-98%) but the bore is the worst I have ever seen.
I wanted a reasonably priced, wooden stock rifle that would have no blowback, and with the new breech-plug that Busta designed, this would fit the bill.
Here are some pictures of the bore after I tried to clean it with solvent, 0000 steel wool and Flitz.

I just e-mailed the guy and sent him pictures, just waiting for his reply
Old 04-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Dissappointing Side-kick

Some people will sell rifles and tell you they are 95% when in fact they are not close to that at all. Its a shame actually. Too bad the bore is in ruff shape.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the sellerspecifically described it as 95% new condition(or equivalent language) he was either lying to you or didn't know what he was talking about. Either way he owes you a rebate or refund.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can get replacement barrels from new england firearms. it will probably cost as much as the used gun though. i think there like 100$ plus 30$ to have it fit.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Fork Horn

I am sure he was not educated on what he was selling, he appologized for not checking the barrel and offered to take it back or give half of my money back 75.00. This was for shipping, 45 to 50 bullets, sabots,a short starter, scope base. He said he wants me to be happy. So i guess I will take the refund and go from there.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take it you found this problem during the inspection period of your purchase? This is why they have them. I am glad he is working with you. It is a shame anyone would treat a ML likes this. It just boils down to being lazy and not caring for his rifle.

I would just send it back and find another one that you can inspect before you buy. Buying a used ML through the mail is an iffy proposition at best. I have only bought NIB through the mail.

In the future, I would ask a lot of questions to get the seller on record before I commit to a sale.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The fact that he's working with you has to count for something. And who knows, there's always at least a chance that it still might shoot okay, and with the refund you've almost got yourself a new barrel. Hope it all works out.

Vince
Old 04-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

If I figure the extras, (80 xtps, didn't think there was that many, 60 sabots, short starter, and scope base) 35-40 dollars ?, i will only have 40 to 45 in the rifle, and the stock is like new.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess you are pretty lucky that he even answered you back in this world we live in today.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Spike

If you decided to keep it, don't look here;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=128014096

Quick Reply: Dissappointing Side-kick (update)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.