Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Endeavor 100yd. groups >

T/C Endeavor 100yd. groups

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Endeavor 100yd. groups

Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default T/C Endeavor 100yd. groups

Went back to the range this morning and am very pleased with my rifle. The first 3 shot group on the right was a little left. I made a small scope adjustment. I then started another 3 shot group on the left to see if I could duplicate. It went so well I tried for a 5 shot group , I should have stayed with 3. The 4th. was good then 5th. went in its own direction.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...okBuck/010.jpg

Everything was going so well I thought I could take the whole center out of my target and wouldn't you know it a flyer.

I have seen people talk about how the Encore is not as good a muzzleloader as the Triumph and I guess time will tell but, if mine will hold groups like this. I will stick with a second rate muzzleloader.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T/C Endeavor 100yd. groups

Really nice shooting.I two have no doubt about the encore.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

INRecordBookBuck

I have seen people talk about how the Encore is not as good a muzzleloader as the Triumph and I guess time will tell but, if mine will hold groups like this. I will stick with a second rate muzzleloader.
I am not sure that the discussion was quite as you have written. The discussion in my wind was that if you were going to get only a muzzleloader only that the Triumph could be the better thought as it has less long mechanical issues and less money per copy. If you intend to use the other barrels them the encore is the way to go.

I am not sure accuaracy is the issue unlil later in life.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't say the Encore is a bad muzzleloader, just that the likelihood of getting a bad one is higher than other designs and that if there is something wrong, it's much harder and more frustrating to fix it.

Certainly there are enough tack-drivers out there among them. Apparently you have one, hold onto it!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Sabot

I was not talking about any one thing. It is just the general opinion of some on here that the Encore is not as accurate as the Triumph. Or has issues, I am just making a point that I must be one of the lucky ones. I don't think you can get much better groups than I did this morning just from a bench, free hand. (NO lead sled or other holding device) And I am not saying the Triumph is not a superb muzzleloader, Butr I bought my gun with the sole reason to use as a muzzleloader because I like the look and the feel much better than the Triumph and like I said I must be a lucky one.
Kinda reminds me of the debates of who makes a better bow. But, I chose mine by the feel of it, not who made it.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck
I like the look and the feel much better than the Triumph and like I said I must be a lucky one.
Look and feel is very important. Nice shooting.

BTW- Your bullet holes look bad. Is that because your target was loose on a back stop? Just curious, i always glue my targets to card board so i know how the bullet looks.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah it was loose it has been raining off and on here all morning. So, the target was a little damp and I could not get it on the cardboard backer that well. But I know what you are saying.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck

Yeah it was loose it has been raining off and on here all morning. So, the target was a little damp and I could not get it on the cardboard backer that well. But I know what you are saying.
Both clubs i'm a member at went to some kind of loose rubber backing. It's flimsy and horrible. I cant stand it. I prefer just a cheep plywood backing. They don't care what i prefer.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

For my personal range I use 3/4" foam insulation board. The resulting holes aren't perfect, but you can hang targets quickly and easily with toothpicks and they last a long time...my 100yd one just split in half in the wind after 2 years of shooting, I'll get another 1-2 years out of the 200 and 300 yd backers. I'll take the increased life compared to plywood I used to use and ease of target hanging over the holes being perfect...I don't do much fussy enough to care about that anyways.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Endeavor, from what I have read has elinated some of the issues.
How is the trigger pull [I ask because I am considering getting one] Lee

Quick Reply: T/C Endeavor 100yd. groups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.