Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BLKDIAMOND XR

Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default BLKDIAMOND XR

What a opening day for turkey in VA...rain and more rain. After getting soaked and seeing and hearing nothing I shot my Xr 3x's at 50yds. Open sights 2 pellets 250g shockwave and the dam thing was dead on. Crappy day but got a few in before we left to come home. Now I am going to scope it.. Cayugad always talks about a Simmons ProDiamond so thats the scope now WHAT MOUNTS? I am going to make an order thru Natchez so any part codes would be helpful. Thanks Chuck
Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: BLKDIAMOND XR

I went with a Woods Trophy Mount on my Black Diamond XR from Cabela's. My book for Weaver bases says.. Weaver Top Mount Detachable (front and back) Base #4 Gloss 686-885 $6.95 Silver is Base #4 835-948 $6.95

If you're placing your order with Natchez, call them on the phone and they will look up the different makes of bases you want.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Dave
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jaybez101099

Now I am going to scope it.. Cayugad always talks about a Simmons ProDiamond so thats the scope now WHAT MOUNTS? I am going to make an order thru Natchez so any part codes would be helpful. Thanks Chuck
I agree with Cayugad . I have an older Simmons PRO Diamond 1.5X5 which has good glass and has positive settings. It's my backup right now only because I wanted more magnification ( I'm gettin old)to work up loads for my Knight. I would suggest good QR rings,it makes it easier to clean the inline.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

RockFish.. good advise. I have been having very good luck with Tradition Firearms Co. quick release rings and they are a fraction of the cost of Warne or some of the other brands. I got a set of them when I bought the bases for the Genesis, and liked them so much I have put them on a couple other rifles. They are $16.00 a pair. Warne can run me $46.00 a pair. That Diamond's breech blow backwill eat the bottom of your scope off.

Underclocked was kind enough to tell me about making a bikini scope cover out of simple duct tape. I use the plastic back duct tape and that fouling at the end of the day will all most completly wipe off, although there is a little burn. But I can make new in a moment or two. And the scope stays nice and clean and the paint does not get burnt off...

With QR rings it makes it easier to clean the rifle of course.