Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 NO  E.A.B.  IN WI.  FOR "09 >

NO E.A.B. IN WI. FOR "09

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NO E.A.B. IN WI. FOR "09

Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default NO E.A.B. IN WI. FOR "09

I guess we put enough pressure on the WI. DNR that they cancelled EAB in wi. for '09 except in the CWD zones. We had a meeting last night of 500-600 people, some state representatives, news media,etc. No one from the DNR was available to attend. ??????? You could sign your land up for NO HUNTING in '09 unless EAB is stopped, Sign a petition that you were not buying a liscense unless EAB was stopped etc. So I guess this is a step in the right direction for this year, we will see about next year.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NO E.A.B. IN WI. FOR "09

That's funny, had a meeting to discuss the future of the Wisconsin deer herd and the DNR can not attend. For some reason that does not surprise me.

And that's good news about the EAB. I still think the hunters should boycot the state for a year or two to not only teach them a lesson, but to let the deer herd breath again.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

That's right, after all we are the CUSTOMERS, we are the ones who pay the bills. In any other business if management doesn't do a good job of keeping the customer happythey get fired.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK guys, fill me in. What does EAB stand for? I'm Clueless.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

OK guys, fill me in. What does EAB stand for? I'm Clueless.
+1
Old 04-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

x1000 & 1

EAB ??? Let us in on whats going on so we can understand and join in with you.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Earn A Buck= in Wisconsin the DNR claimed hunters were unwilling to shoot doe. They claimed because of this attitude,the deer population was out of control. So they demanded that before we could hunt a buck, we had to shoot a doe (some places was doe only). Also they gave out doe tags like mad. All the hunters kept telling the DNR that their failed policy was wiping out the deer herd in the State. Now the problem is, in some parts of the state, there basically are no deer.

An example.. I use to daily see seven to twenty deer in my yard and a walk in the woods always produced deer. The DNR for years demanded we shoot the doe. One year they had does tags, bonus doe tags, special doe season, and then EAB. The last two years of hunting, I saw one deer. The year before that I saw one doe, which I harvested (I was forced to or I could not hunt bucks)...

They were going to demand more does be slaughtered claiming over estimated deer herds. They were caught in their own lie. And then told us it was a mistake as they used the wrong formula to count the deer herd. We went to meetings and told them to stop the doe slaughter. They ignored us. So many of us signed petations that basically said, if there is a doe season we will not hunt. Further, the land owners (thats me) will shut down our property to all hunters. For instance to get to some prime federal land, unless you are willing to wade through water, you need to go through my property.

So now the DNR fearing lack of license fees and property shut off have told us, that there will be no earn a buck. Yet in places they are going to allow you to shoot a doe if you want. So there are still those that will refuse to purchase a license. We discovered, if you want someone's attention you kick them in the wallet.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gee Dave - That situation sounds remarkably familiar. Oh yeah - the same thing is happening here in PA with the excessive doe killing.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for reducing a deer herd if it is "out of control" as they put it. But after several years of the reduction, its time to cut back. When you hunt for days in areas where you saw deer previously and don't even see tracks or droppings (and I meanfor miles)- well, that is just sad.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Dominant Buck

bronko... I don't want to come off as laying all this blame on the DNR. The hunters out in the field were greedy as well. Some seasons I would see cars headed home with pull behind trailers filled with hornless deer. These are the same people that are screaming about the deer herd now.

A family I know up here have five people that hunt. One season there were 16 deer hanging in the tree by their house. I asked the one guy I used to hang around with.. what you going to do with all that deer meat? He just laughed and shook his head. They shot them because they could and the DNR applauded them for doing it. Now this family I spoke to after last years season, got skunked. They were furious. When I mentioned the deer tree they did not take kind to it.

When we were forced, I used to shoot a doe or two myself. Then I would hunt for only a monster buck. After all I had all the venison I could use. Others though just kept the slaughter. Now they are paying for it. Plus the hard winters we have had, and the large number of timber wolves. Although the wolves are not as big a problem and the DNR themselves... the difference is one has large teeth, blood thirsty desires, claws, and attacks without reason on unsuspecting things. The other one howls at the moon, takes a dump in your driveway, and we scare the children with stories of them. The problem is, which is which...
Old 04-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

bronko... I don't want to come off as laying all this blame on the DNR. The hunters out in the field were greedy as well. Some seasons I would see cars headed home with pull behind trailers filled with hornless deer. These are the same people that are screaming about the deer herd now.

I can relate to that, there are so many people around here that just go out in the woods 9 days out of the year, (maybe 5 or 6) and just shoot, shoot, shoot, If it is brown it is down. Just makes me sick !!!!! Like you said, these are the same people that are complaining there are no deer..

Well look in the mirror!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.