Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Difference between T/C Omega and T/C Triumph >

Difference between T/C Omega and T/C Triumph

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Difference between T/C Omega and T/C Triumph

Old 03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Difference between T/C Omega and T/C Triumph

I was comparing the T/C Omega and Triumph at Cabelas tonight and was wondering if anyone could give me the skinny on the difference between the two? Is it just superficial (i.e. one weights 1/2 a pound more than the other) or is there something truly new and better about the Triumph? The reason I ask is the Omega was going for like $350 and the Triumph was $450 (both with the synthetic black stock and weather shield barrel).

Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Difference between T/C Omega and T/C Triumph

MO-KS_hunter

I have both guns, but I oly recently got a Triumph so I am not totally qualified to give an accurate comprarison.

I really do like my Omega - it has been a top notch ML for me... reliable and dependable.

With my limited experiance - right now I think I really might prefer the Triumph better, the speed breech is a real solid move forward and it is clean - I mean really clean.

The Triumph seems to have a tighter bore and is a little more difficult to find the right sabot for.

The Triumph is certainly easier to clean, but the Omega is not a chore either.

The Triumph is lighter and the felt recoil is more - some might say a lot more

It would really be a tough choice for me if I were forced to choose between the two at this moment. That might not be true either... I know what the Omega will do - I am still learning what the Triumph might do..

Shoot I have been no help at all...
Old 03-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

I own an Omega and have shot my buddy's Triumph. I agree with everything sabotloader said about the Triumph. My choice today would be theTriumph. The only thing I didn't like about the Triumph was the felt recoil... probably because it's lighter.

I added weight to my composite stocked Omegaby pulling the recoil pad and filling the cavity with foam and a 3/8" bolt (4" long).I prefer the added weight and it made the gun more comforable to shoot (from the bench or tree stand). I'd do the same thing with the Triumph.

Good luck... whatever you choose.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 AM
mountaineer magic

I have both an Omega and a Triumph. I would buy the Triumph if it were me. I haven't used my Omega much since I've been shooting the Triumph.. I keep it as a back up now. The Triumph ,to me, is the better gun of the two.
On the recoil aspect I guess I must be missing something because my Triumph has less recoil than my Omega. I even went out and bought a Limbsaver pad to put on the Omega after shooting the Triumph. The Triumph with the same load as the Omega wasn't even noticable to me. The Omega was much worse in the recoil dept. That's is the opposite of the previous posts so i don't know what the deal there is. (hmmm. must be in my head) Even with the the limbsaver pad on the Omega the Triumph felt better. My vote is for the Triumph. I have even thought about selling the Omega but I have a hard time parting with a Muzzleloader, even if it isn't being used.
Either way though you will get a good gun. Before the Triumph came out the Omega was one of the better guns out there.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I looked at both before I bought the Omega. For me, its a hunting tool. I dont care much about bells and whistles. The only convienience I could really debate would be the speed breech. But to me, it wasnt worth the extra $100 for that feature cuz like it has been said before, the Omega isnt all that labor intencive itself. If they both shoot the samedoest it matter? I kept the extra $100 and spent it on accessories. I have gone through a 10oz can of BH209 and a pound of T7 FFF. I love my Omega. It loves me. The Triumph may have a slight edge but for me, it wasnt worth the extra $$$.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chetmarks
On the recoil aspect I guess I must be missing something because my Triumph has less recoil than my Omega. I even went out and bought a Limbsaver pad to put on the Omega after shooting the Triumph. The Triumph with the same load as the Omega wasn't even noticable to me.
I think it's how you hold the Gun. I dont hold it tight so i do notice a little more recoil. The Triumph does come with a better recoil pad from the factory.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

omega to me was a PITA to clean. Once i bought a break open, it was amazing how easy it was to clean. I'd go with the triump or any other break opens.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are different ways of looking at it. Personally I have both and to me the Omega was fine until I use the Triumph, the Triumph is a improve Omega with a change in the action. Due to the improvements it has no blowback, it is much easier and nicer to clean, It is easier to cap especially with gloves on. The other difference is in stock design the Omega has a low comb for irons and the Triumph a high comb for a scope. Lee
Old 03-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MountainDevil54

omega to me was a PITA to clean. Once i bought a break open, it was amazing how easy it was to clean. I'd go with the triump or any other break opens.
I agree. Break opens are the way to go IMO.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have neither one but if i had to choose one like you i would get the triumph.For all that is said above and other
reports.

Quick Reply: Difference between T/C Omega and T/C Triumph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.