Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Vision

Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Knight Vision

Gloomy Gus
Welcome to the Forum.
You have an interesting choice to make, the Triumph has been regarded by some of us as the gun with the most potential ever marketed, now comes the new Knight Vision, is it as good? is it better? Knight has always made excellent high quality guns and this may be their best.
What every you do let us know how its going. If you have any questions be sure to ask some one here will do there best to give you the answer you need. Lee
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum.

Got mine last week and have since ordered and installed a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope. Have yet to shoot it, but hopefully I will on Wednesday. I have seen many good things said about it and am hopeful it will live up to there accolades. This is my baby:

If you notice I used a set of Weaver rings with an offset. The gun is advertized as a 14.5" L.O.P, which it is not. To get a good eye relief I used these rings to get a better setup. The rings gives me close to an inch and the Leupold gives me 4.7" eye relief. It works for me. I guess I couldhave cut down the stock, but the other way was easier.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:22 PM

Will look forward to the range report.

The Knights seem to have some innovative design features and from all reports the quality of materials is first rate - but I have read of some problems with the rolling block. Was very close to ordering one when I read about some issues with ignition.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Spike

Default range report (sort of cause of no pictures)

Took the Vision to the range and put some down range.
Had to fiddle with the bench cause the frost heaved it up in the back It was kind of wobbly, but I shot anyway. I was using a boresite at 25yd then went to the 50 yard range. I was using the Vari-Flame adapters with CCI small rifle primers instead of the 209 shot shell primers.
1st round CLICK no boom,the second time I pulled the trigger- CLICK no boom
3rd time a charm 4 inches high and 1/2" to the left. 2nd shot 2.5 high and 1.5 to the left. 3rd 2 inches high and 1/2 to the left.(3ftf on the 3rd so I changed out the primer for another) 4th 2.75 high and 1/2 to right (2ftf) 5th 2" high and 1/2 to right. I made no adjustments to the scope cause I figured the bench was still a little wobbly. No fouling shots and swabbed bore with wet patch the dry patch between shots. I noticed good crud ring with the t7 100 grain load. Was using 240gn xtp with black sabot. I think this rifle will be a good shooting tool. sorry about the lack of target pics battery is dead in camera.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:03 PM

Default RE: range report (sort of cause of no pictures)

Thanks for the range report.Not familiar with the Vari-Flame. Any ideas regarding misfires?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
mountaineer magic

ORIGINAL: rafsob

Welcome to the forum.

Got mine last week and have since ordered and installed a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope. Have yet to shoot it, but hopefully I will on Wednesday. I have seen many good things said about it and am hopeful it will live up to there accolades. This is my baby:

If you notice I used a set of Weaver rings with an offset. The gun is advertized as a 14.5" L.O.P, which it is not. To get a good eye relief I used these rings to get a better setup. The rings gives me close to an inch and the Leupold gives me 4.7" eye relief. It works for me. I guess I couldhave cut down the stock, but the other way was easier.
That's a nice looking gun. Too bad I'm not allowed to get any more muzzle loaders . That photo of yours could be fatal, because if I buy another muzzle loader I think my wife will kill me. "I will not, I repeat I will not buy another muzzle loader."( that was hard to to say).

Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chetmarks
That's a nice looking gun. Too bad I'm not allowed to get any more muzzle loaders . That photo of yours could be fatal, because if I buy another muzzle loader I think my wife will kill me. "I will not, I repeat I will not buy another muzzle loader."( that was hard to to say).
I know I almost was homeless over this gun. But when I told her what it goes for and what I paid for it, she said I did good. She is a sucker for a good deal, thank God.

I go to the range today and will get a range report tonight.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Spike

Default Failure to fire

I think the ftf was due to the use of the primers and adapter not the rifle. I will try the 209 primers this weekend and see what happens.
I may have seated the small rifle primers too deep in the adapter. I am going to check and see with a vernier caliper or a straight edge if they are recessed below the surface of the adapter.
Does anyone know how far a firing pin sticks out when a rifle is shot ?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Spike

Default Had to know

Couldn't wait till the weekend to discover the failure to fire so I dragged everything out and put the 209 primers in the rifle. 10 shots and no failure to fire. I did notice that you have to close the action with a snap cause its tight.
I put in the variflame leftovers(4) and got one failure to fire. It makes a clean strike, so I will have to assume its the primers.
Cant wait to go back to the range and hurl some more lead. I will examine the primers and the adapters later.
I am pleased with the first group that i shot with this rifle. If i discount the first shot I have a 1.75" group at 50 yards. I will assume that the wobbly range table had something to do with it and the other part of the equation(nut behind gun with 51 year old eyes) I can see this shooting 1" groups with practice and load development.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Had to know

I could not get the variflame adapters to fire consistently in my Mustang, and my brother-in-law could not get them to fire in his Knight. We ended up tossing them in the trash.

Quick Reply: Knight Vision

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.