Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Bone Collector Update >

T/C Bone Collector Update

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Bone Collector Update

Old 03-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T/C Bone Collector Update

ORIGINAL: omegasmoke

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

The Triumph is the best ML they make. It out classes the Encore and the Omega fairly easy.
Those are your words, not theres. I'm going to have to disagree on that one.
You can disagree all you want, they where at my range. Of course it doesn't matter either way.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: greatplainshunter

I have both the Omega and the Triumph and the Triumph is a much better gun in my opinion as an owner of both. I'm sure there are people who like the Omega more, it's been around long enough to prove itself as a very good gun. But if I could only keep one modern inline out of all that i have, it would be the Triumph without a doubt. I wouldn't get a bone collector because I don't think a gun is worth more just because someone's name is on it plus I'm not into all that marketing nonsense. Just sell me a good gun with quality that makes a name for itself by the way it shoots anyday over a logo from some show. The triumph is one such gun ( for me anyway)
The Encore has alway's been one of my favorites.The Triumph is an awesome design in my opinion. I actually wish it was a pound heavier.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Spike

are these prices U.S or CDN. anyone got a Cdn price
Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

These are U.S. prices.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Triumph is the best ML they make. It out classes the Encore and the Omega fairly easy. It's not just my opinion it's there's. All but one of my friends sold there Omega's and bought Triumphs after using mine. They tried marketing the Endeavor with the same concept with little success. It's a glorified Encore. The Encore/Endeavor shines if you wanna switch barrels.

I think the Bone Collector is ok. Is it worth a $150.00 bucks more then a regular Triumph? I doubt it. I do like the looks of the Bone Collector, but i doubt i get one.
They didn't maket the Endeavor any differently than they did the Pro Hunter. After all, it's just a Pro Hunter with Speed Breech XT and a few more machined ridges on the receiver.

Which barrel would supposedly make it shine in your opinion?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: omegasmoke

The Triumph is the best ML they make. It out classes the Encore and the Omega fairly easy.
Those are your words, not theres. I'm going to have to disagree on that one.
I'm gonna have to agree with you. I just can't see a gun company, who's in the business of selling guns, openly telling people that a less expensive gun is better than a more expensive one... Sounds like a pretty stupid marketing strategy to me. IMO, the Encore is far superior to the Triumph.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

SWThomas

Not really they really are the pretty much the same gun unless you want to change barrels to centerfire... other than that when you compare ML to ML they are next to the same - same barrel - same trigger about the same breech plug - although the Encore series has a funky-ier stock...
Old 03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas
Which barrel would supposedly make it shine in your opinion?
The 50cal Muzzleloader barrel and breech plugthey copied from the Triumph.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas
I'm gonna have to agree with you. I just can't see a gun company, who's in the business of selling guns, openly telling people that a less expensive gun is better than a more expensive one... Sounds like a pretty stupid marketing strategy to me. IMO, the Encore is far superior to the Triumph.
I think this is why me and you clash. You agree and disagree with stuff you dont even know. You have never owned a Triumph before. I have owned 4 Triumphs, Two Encores, andone Pro-Hunter. I make comments on stuff right or wrong because i have owned them and used them. The Endeavor is a copy of the Triumph. The Bone Collector is a copy of the Endeavor.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader
Not really they really are the pretty much the same gun unless you want to change barrels to centerfire... other than that when you compare ML to ML they are next to the same
Not really, the Triumph is designed alot better then the Encore. The hinge pin on the Encore is way to inconsistent. The lock up on the Triumph is really good and wont change. The encore will change POI just by sliding the hinge pin. PRbullet and many companies made a fortune correcting that design. Trigger springs to. The Encores have had horrible triggers out of the box. All mine went to the gun shop to get spring put in. The handy guys did it themselves. The Triumph trigger is under four lbs from the factory guaranteed. One of my Encores was 7.5lbs out of the box. That's bad and that was a few years ago.

Any current Encore owners you should tape your hinge pin for more consistent performance. Sounds crazy, but it works. Both sides that is.

Quick Reply: T/C Bone Collector Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.