Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Explanation of Lehigh Bullets. >

Explanation of Lehigh Bullets.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Explanation of Lehigh Bullets.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Explanation of Lehigh Bullets.

ORIGINAL: LaneNebraska

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Lane

That is the problem with these forums I really can tell if you are serious @ suggesting that Dave doctored the photos?

If you are... I guess I really mis-judged you... my-bad

Here is a couple of more - 510 yards on Red Stag - but again a 50bmg

Sabot

This was obviously conducted by Lehigh or someone affiliated with Lehigh, therefore the information is suspect from the get go. I'm not saying they canned the results but there's no telling what bullets were actually used, what powder charges,.....

Therefore, I Automatically suspect foul play and such, and question boldly the integrity of folks I've never met, and I try to cast doubt in the minds of all who read my postings, and then I hide behind the anonymity of the internet. [8D]

Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree about manufactuers twisting the results to make them look better. I'm sure everyone does it... For example, look at the gel pics that I posted. The Lehigh gell is seperated by about a 1/2 in from exit/entrance of the two gells, where the copper bullet butts up against each other. Maybe that was accidental, I don't know, but it just casts doubt on the resutls. But at this point, it's all we have so it's worht looking at.

That's what's great about the forum here. When Sabotloader does his tourture test I will KNOW that I can trust the results. He isn't paid by Lehigh and has nothing to gain by making these bullets look better than what tehy are.

Sooooooo hurry up Sabotloader
Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LaneNebraska

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Lane

That is the problem with these forums I really can tell if you are serious @ suggesting that Dave doctored the photos?

If you are... I guess I really mis-judged you... my-bad

Here is a couple of more - 510 yards on Red Stag - but again a 50bmg

Sabotloader

This was obviously conducted by Lehigh or someone affiliated with Lehigh, therefore the information is suspect from the get go. I'm not saying they canned the results but there's no telling what bullets were actually used, what powder charges,.....

Therefore, I Automatically suspect foul play and such, and question boldly the integrity of folks I've never met, and I try to cast doubt in the minds of all who read my postings, and then I hide behind the anonymity of the internet. [8D]

That's actually pretty funny Lane! You've definitely taken an interest in me and I am flattered.

As for "questioning boldly the integrity of folks I've never met"..... I've never met Barry Bonds, Tim Geitner,or anyone currently incarcerated in my local state prison, but I damn sure question their integrity.

And as far as "and then I hide behind the anonymity of the internet".... If I'm hiding, that means you are too and so is everyone else on the internet. So that point is... well..... pointless. I'll be at the hog hunt that Modern Muzzleloaders is putting on in Crossville, TN. If anyone would like to meet me or confront me, they're more than welcome to show up. I'd be happy to answer any questions in person....

Anonymity that.....
Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

SW & everyone else - including ME

PLEASE It is getting way to personal - lets just let this drop... and move on to something else. There are way to many good things to talk about
Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

How can one little bullet cause so much trouble?[]

Torture test!

Hog hunt!

Patience!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I really do not see any problem here. The bullet was presented with the fact we currently have been told about them. That's what forums do. Some people like them, some are skeptical, some are open minded and willing to see what happens. If everything presented on these forums was accepted 100% and no one questioned any part of it, there really would not be much information presented, just opinions.

Instead of everyone getting excited over nothing. I personally am waiting for Grouse to go hog hunting with them. As people have told me, hogs are not a push over, they take a lot of killing, and this will be an excellent test for the bullet. So good luck Grouse, test that bullet, and shoot a big one. Don't forget your camera. Even better, SWThomas is going hog hunting. He can give a detailed report on the bullet he selected and how well it does. By the way, have you decided what you are going to be shooting? This could be a bullet face off...

After all the facts are in, then I will make a decision that suits me and no one else.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I am not going to decide whether or not a bullet is going to be effective from reports given by 2,3,5 even 10 people. I figure a couple of them will probably be a little biased anyway. For example, there are a lot of people who love powerbelts. I killed 5 deer with them without a single pass through and blood was scarce. Fortunately either I saw them drop or there was snow where I followed their tracks. I heard some good reports on powerbelts, thats why I used them. I am not using them anymore. As far as lehigh goes, I think you need to purchase them and judge for yourself if you choose to. I like the barnes and gold dots so I'll stick with them. They have been around long enough to be proven effective by more than a handfull of folks.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I really do not see any problem here. The bullet was presented with the fact we currently have been told about them. That's what forums do. Some people like them, some are skeptical, some are open minded and willing to see what happens. If everything presented on these forums was accepted 100% and no one questioned any part of it, there really would not be much information presented, just opinions.

Instead of everyone getting excited over nothing. I personally am waiting for Grouse to go hog hunting with them. As people have told me, hogs are not a push over, they take a lot of killing, and this will be an excellent test for the bullet. So good luck Grouse, test that bullet, and shoot a big one. Don't forget your camera. Even better, SWThomas is going hog hunting. He can give a detailed report on the bullet he selected and how well it does. By the way, have you decided what you are going to be shooting? This could be a bullet face off...

After all the facts are in, then I will make a decision that suits me and no one else.
I will definitely post results and pics when I get back from TN. I have already taken a hog with the T-EZ and it performed exactly as advertised. Perfect expansion, excellent accuracy,and absolutely no fragmentation. The hog dropped where it stood. But I expect to be tackling much larger hogs in TN and I'm anxious to see if the Barnes has the same affect. I have no doubt it will but I'm anxious none the less.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Old/New

How can one little bullet cause so much trouble?[]
No kidding. Obviously some people need to get some meds if they get worked up so easily over something so simple. Kind of people you see on the news who take a gun to work and shoot everyone just because the candy machine stole their quarter.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

This forum used to be fun. What happened??[>:]

Quick Reply: Explanation of Lehigh Bullets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.