Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Is Cabelas really for the Muzzleloader Hunter? >

Is Cabelas really for the Muzzleloader Hunter?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is Cabelas really for the Muzzleloader Hunter?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is Cabelas really for the Muzzleloader Hunter?

[/align]

[hr]

I was checking some prices and could not believe how over priced they are in my opinion. You tell me what you think.

Lets start with Triple Se7en.
Cabelas $26.99 Natchez $19.99 Midsouth $20.43

BlackHorn209
Cabelas $37.99 Natchez $26.99 Midsouth $30.98

Primers (CCI)
Cabelas $ 37.99 Natchez $29.99 Midsouth $30.18

Sabots (Harvester 50cal)
Cabelas $7.99 Natchez $ Midsouth $4.75

Bullets (250grn SST)
Cabelas $14.99 per 20 Natchez $11.06 Midsouth $11.18

I really think i went far enough. What a joke. I am the worst at linking to Cabelas because of convenience. What do you guys think?

[/align]
[/align]
Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Cabelas really for the Muzzleloader Hunter?

First three items on your list are a bad comparison. You can't buy them without paying a $20 hazard material fee.

Tom
Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I have found that unless an item is on clearance, normally Cabela's is pretty expensive. I've been in their stores, and the first thing you look for is sale items. Although some of the clothing I have purchased from them is really great quality and lasts much longer then that purchased at some of the other stores.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you got a store close by like i do, then it's cheaper on a lot of things.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

First three items on your list are a bad comparison. You can't buy them without paying a $20 hazard material fee.

Tom
I'm only talking stuff for the ML hunter. That's the way it is. Gotta pay that fee no matter who you order from.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

[/align]

[hr]

I was checking some prices and could not believe how over priced they are in my opinion. You tell me what you think.

Lets start with Triple Se7en.
Cabelas $26.99 Natchez $19.99 Midsouth $20.43

BlackHorn209
Cabelas $37.99 Natchez $26.99 Midsouth $30.98

Primers (CCI)
Cabelas $ 37.99 Natchez $29.99 Midsouth $30.18

Sabots (Harvester 50cal)
Cabelas $7.99 Natchez $ Midsouth $4.75

Bullets (250grn SST)
Cabelas $14.99 per 20 Natchez $11.06 Midsouth $11.18

I really think i went far enough. What a joke. I am the worst at linking to Cabelas because of convenience. What do you guys think?

[/align]

[/align]
I buy all my bullets from Midway or Midsouth, every bullet order I buy a pack or two of sabots, Crushed Ribs are my favorite, since they shoot well in so many things (.452 and .458 bullets). I buy powder and primersfrom Gander Mountain in Winchester Va, about 25 miles away to avoid the $20 fee. Cabelas has excellent clothes, which is what I tend to buy from them with the gift certificates I get at Christmas.
Chap

Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Cabela's credit card that gives me points (free money) All of my gas and groceries go on it and gets paid off at the end of the month. Sofar they've given me about$600 in free stuff and I haven't paid them the first penny in intrest. So Cabela's isn't overpriced to me becauseI get it for free
Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cabela's is good for some things and bad for some things; just like every other store it seems.

Cabela's price on xtp bullets, makes them the most economical muzzle loader bullet to shoot. Cabela's price on BH 209 is about as high as there is. Cabela's had the Accura on sale for $269, and they shipped it to the store in town for free. No where else in the world would sell it for less money and free shipping.

I don't condem Cabela's when their price on an item is higher than another store; i just don't purchase that particular item from them.

In the past month, i purchased an Accura from Cabela's at a far better price than any where else. I purchased xtp bullets from Cabela's at a competitive price. I purchased 10 bottles of BH209 from Natchez; paid the hazmat fee; shipping and insurance fee, and saved some shy of $100, instead of purchasing the powder here locally from Cabela's and paying sales tax. Also purchased a TC ramrod from Cabela's at a competitive price.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

I really only purchase clothing and then if only if it's on sale...
Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

You have to watch the Sales, I just purchased a Leo VX111 2.5x8 for $299 -30dollar coupon -club points, free shipping final price about $200. Again watch the sales and they are very hard to beat. What was genesis selling for?
Redclub

Quick Reply: Is Cabelas really for the Muzzleloader Hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.