Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Triumph Disappointment >

T/C Triumph Disappointment

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph Disappointment

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C Triumph Disappointment

First off let me say I have always gotten the best customer service from T/C over the last 30 years or so up until this time.I bought my wife a new T/C 50 cal Triumph for Christmas. We recently moved andwe canhunt right behind the house.I feel saferif weuse a black powder rifle with houses around andin the generalvicinity since the bullet doesn't travel as far.

Okay I buy this Triumphand take it home. After removing the trigger lock,I opened the action allseemed fine. I go toclose the action and the trigger guard breaks off in my hand.Hmmm WTF.I send T/Ca email since all guns and ammo sales are final where I bought it from.I sent the email and a over a week later still no reply. So I send a second email after making a call to them. Several days go by and I calledT/C for a second time. I wait a few minutes and then a message says leave you name and number. I did this twice.Finally after close to a couple weeks goes by I get a email back. Return just the receiver and they willrepair itunder warranty.I ship the receiver and butt stock to T/C. A week and a half later or sohere comes my repaired Triumph. The work order says replaced damaged trigger and trigger guard.Tested with another barrel. Signed off as being Ok. As soon as I took it out of the box I knew there was a problem. The hammer won't come back ,the trigger would not move.Okay let me reassemble it with the barrel. When I put the barrel back on it won't let the trigger guard close. Before putting barrel back on I noticed something rattling in the butt stock.I received it back a few weeks ago but I had to go out of town for a few weeks. So now Iget back in townand I need to ship this POS back to T/C for the second time. This time the whole rifle will be making the trip.We've had this gun for two months and haven't even been able to put one shot through it. The worst part right after buying this Triumph Natchez sent a flyer which had a blued,synthetic stock Knight Disc rifle for 299.00. I paid 250.00 for the Triumph POS.It will be a cold day in Hell before I buy another T/C product.I don't know if it has anything to do with T/C being a S&W company or not.I always got good service from S&W but that was before the British ownership and these new owners.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T/C Triumph Disappointment

Well I have to admit, this was a concern of mine when Thompson Center was bought out. As often is the case, when companies are absorbed or taken over, often the old ways of a very good company are lost in the cost effective ways of the new. I think we are starting to see this. And I can tell you, this kind of thing will kill Thompson Center. People purchased Thompson Center products as much for the quality and dependability of the rifles as for the customer service. Loose any part of that, and you can loose your customer's faith. Loose that and you loose the business.

I will say I had the same thing happen twice with CVA. While they finally got the rifle fixed, I know exactly the frustration your feeling and probably said some of the same words you said.

I hope they get it all straightened out and you get to shoot that rifle in the very near future. Also I would have added a note or letter with the rifle this time and asked that my shipping be paid.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that Redhawk. Sloppy work by at least one TC Technician for sure. Does the work order identify the technician by name or number? I would be writing some letters to company presidents. Obviously even the note on the work order was a lie. No way could it have been "tested on another barrel".

Old 02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was pretty recently they announced significant layoffs. I wonder if that is already in effect, or has killed everyone's work ethic as they know they are going to be canned? Hard to get people to hold up their work quality after you announce you will pink-slip them.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: spaniel

It was pretty recently they announced significant layoffs. I wonder if that is already in effect, or has killed everyone's work ethic as they know they are going to be canned? Hard to get people to hold up their work quality after you announce you will pink-slip them.

I agree...the economic condition of the country and the company was possibly part of the problem. Still no excuse for this find of screw up.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Old/New

ORIGINAL: spaniel

I agree...the economic condition of the country and the company was possibly part of the problem. Still no excuse for this find of screw up.
Certainly not an excuse, just a reason...
Old 02-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I dont have a Triumph but I did get a T/C Omega Z5 for Christmas. The mechanics work well and shoots great but the cosmetics are a bit flawed. The barrel has some blemishes on it. Nottoo bad but ya can see em.But for 299 with a 50 rebate, I have overlooked the blemishes.......hey, wait a minute, where is my rebate check?
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Spike

Has anyone received a rebate from T/C yet? Still checking the mail box for mine.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Skopia

Has anyone received a rebate from T/C yet? Still checking the mail box for mine.
I recieved mine a couple weeks ago. It was a full 10 weeks from the time I sent it in. The check is from Smith&Wesson. The rebate form was sent to a clearing house in NJ.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doing slopy work is a good reason for a person to get much more than a pink slip.
Personall I feel if you do your work right and with pride you should not be ashamed to sign your name to it.

Maybe the key words are new T/C 50 cal Triumph for Christmas.

The lowest seniorty people are the ones who get the asignment to work in times when many people want the time off. These people are usally the least trained on the most amount of operations.

Still with the word going out about crappy customer service and some of the highest retail prices it will come back to bit them where it hurts.

Al

Quick Reply: T/C Triumph Disappointment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.