Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Using the Montana X-treme products >

Using the Montana X-treme products

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Using the Montana X-treme products

Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Using the Montana X-treme products

Dave I never used a nylon brush befor ever, just brass one's. I was refering to what Semisane about mabey the barss one caused a chemical reaction with the MX CS to cause what came out of the barrel on the patches. Also I was wondering if the Nylon Brush would clean the barrel good enough campared to the brass one, and also if the MX BC did indeed cause a reaction with the MX CS, and mabey do the test with a nylon one.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Mike, good to hear from you, hope all is well with you and the Family! I wish I could shoot them ACCURA's, I thought I was going to yesterday but I never got the chance as I helped my friend with his TC Triumph. It's COLD as heck here, 3below this morning and 17below with the wind chill, today it was 9 for the high and right now it's 2. It's kind of hard to shoot when your shivering! Believe me I cant wait, tomorrow were in for a heat wave, 30 mabey, but then this weekend were going up into the 40's with possible rain/snow mix, so I cant win. So if I do it will be tomorrow. Im ready, and it's not that I have to go far, just out the door and shoot. I'll let you and everyone else know how the MX BC does. But Im thinking the test wont be all that great untill I sight in the new scope, so the first shot could go anywhere, after the sight in and reclean and retreat with MX BC I'll have a true test at the next shoot. Ron
Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

hey Breechplug, send one of those accuras along with those powerbelts and i'll sight it in for you and let you know how it shoots

Oh yeah almost forgot,

It was 65* out today
Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K. MD, you'll save me a few fingers. It was so cold last night my Black Lab wanted to sleep with me and my wife in bed. I would have let em but he snores louder than my wife, dont tell my wife I said that. We may get up to 60 degrees by May if were lucky. I was also thinking I better not use them spit patches as they might freeze inside the barrel. Ya know has that ever happened to anyone befor??????????????
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spitting at 40 below aint no fun at all. I only did that once.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

Wit MX - u mite not need no spit
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Breechplug

Hi Mike, good to hear from you, hope all is well with you and the Family! I wish I could shoot them ACCURA's, I thought I was going to yesterday but I never got the chance as I helped my friend with his TC Triumph. It's COLD as heck here, 3below this morning and 17below with the wind chill, today it was 9 for the high and right now it's 2. It's kind of hard to shoot when your shivering! Believe me I cant wait, tomorrow were in for a heat wave, 30 mabey, but then this weekend were going up into the 40's with possible rain/snow mix, so I cant win. So if I do it will be tomorrow. Im ready, and it's not that I have to go far, just out the door and shoot. I'll let you and everyone else know how the MX BC does. But Im thinking the could go atest wont be all that great untill I sight in the new scope, so the first shot nywhere, after the sight in and reclean and retreat with MX BC I'll have a true test at the next shoot. Ron

You know Ron you could just take one for the team and shoot two in a row,
then sight in.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

HJ, Im now gonna get me some of that MX Cowboy Solvent and reclean and treat it with that in one of the ACCURA's, so for now untill I get some I have to wait and just use one ACCURA. I want to see if it pulls anything out of a clean barrel.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that is great
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me Too! I feel like a scientist! How do ya like them 125 Thunderheads? There all I use, put a-lot of Venesion on the table with them!

Quick Reply: Using the Montana X-treme products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.