Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 NEWS FLASH:  Killer Mustang Strikes Again >

NEWS FLASH: Killer Mustang Strikes Again

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NEWS FLASH: Killer Mustang Strikes Again

Old 01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEWS FLASH: Killer Mustang Strikes Again

Nothing better than a juicy doe. Nice going.
Art
Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Nice doe!! That Mustang certainly has pretty wood.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the doe.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

NICE STORY AND GOOD SHOOTING !!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Great read...gotta ask though, how do you like that Mustang? Thinking of buying one but don't know anyone who has one. They like nice and the stock is really nice looking on yours.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job! Awesome story and write-up! Congrats on the nice doe.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I really like my Mustang mnprohunter. My oft-used description is that it shoots a lot of bullets and loads OK, and a few pretty good, but I haven't gotten those golden one-hole groups withany load. Even so,I've had no trouble finding a number of acceptable hunting loads(1 & 1/2 to 2 & 1/2 inch 100 yard groups).

I like its style and balance. The top lever break-open action has always been a favorite of mine. It's built brute strong, especially in the hinge area- lots of steel in the action and breech. There's no need for playing around with oversize hinge pins to tighten up the action. I've used it for two hunting seasons and have over 1,000 rounds through it inmany, many ranges sessions and the actionshows no signs of wiggle or looseness. I also like the sliding tang safety, Pachmayer recoil pad,and magnetic breech plug which just sucks the primer into place.

That beautiful wood is actually what appears to be straight grain beech when you take off the recoil pad. Lyman's "ultra grain" finish makes it look like high grade walnut. The finish on mine has not yet chipped, scratched, or faded. Most guys who handle my gun never guess it's not walnut. Aside from a lack of "target accuracy", the only bad thing I can say about it is the trigger on mine was just terrible. I had to work it over to get it to an acceptable level and it's still not great. I've heard that Lyman improved the trigger on later models, but don't know that to be a fact.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the good report. I really like the looks of them and during bird season I hunt with side by sides, which of course break open and have a top safety like the Mustang, I may have to give one of these a try...just cant deny that burning sensation in my wallet anylonger. Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Greensburg Louisiana - 25 Jan 09: In a tragic repeat of last year’s brutal attack, the Killer Mustang known to inhabit an area only two miles North of this normally quiet town has claimed another victim.

On the balmy 71 degree evening of January 23rd the Mustang’s latest victim, a 103 lb. 4 ½ year old white tail doe, made a fatal error. Though she usually waited until dark to enter the lush ½ acre plot of wheat, oats and clover, on this day she entered early - not knowing that death lay a mere 84 yards away. At 5:05 p.m. the Killer Mustang and his heavy weight partner the 300 grain Gold Dot struck, inflicting a wound that fully penetrated the doe‘s lower chest. Not understanding the severity of her wound, the doe made a valiant effort to escape the area but managed to travel only 30 yards before expiring. Once again, it has been confirmed that the perpetrators were driven by an addiction to the powdered substance know as T7 and had consumed 105 grains of the powerful stuff in conjunction with the attack.. The white tail community is surely wondering “when will this terrible stuff be banned?”

The Mustang’s owner, a man called “Semisane” has admitted some responsibility for the tragedy and has volunteered to handle all arrangements for the doe’s remains. He is quoted as saying “there will be several services” and expects his entire family to attend many of them.

Last Year's Report.

BREAKING NEWS - Killer Mustang Loose
Greensburg Louisiana - 23 Dec 07: Residents of this small rural community were shocked to learn that a killer Mustang is loose in the area. Its victim, a 120 lb. doe, died of massive trauma to the heart/lung area, having run only 27 yards from the point of attack. Ballistics experts were unable to locate the cause of the trauma which passed entirely through the victim. The Mustang’s owner, a man known only as “Semisane” says he knew the Mustang was a killer and warns that it will likely kill again. The Mustang’s accomplice, a beefy 300 grain character that goes by the nickname “Gold Dot” is believed to have been involved in the attack. Both Mustang and Gold Dot are known to be addicted to a powdered substance with the street name of “T-7”, which seems to drive them to states of extreme destruction, and are said to have consumed 100 grains of the substance immediately prior to the killing. Authorities warn that this may only be the first incident of what could become a serial killer saga.
Where do we send flowers? Whitetail Institute? Good going, great shot. Chap
Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe awesome story, by the way, by any chance was my name listed on the will

Quick Reply: NEWS FLASH: Killer Mustang Strikes Again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.