Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Cool ballistic calculator for iPhone owners >

Cool ballistic calculator for iPhone owners

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cool ballistic calculator for iPhone owners

Old 01-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cool ballistic calculator for iPhone owners

One of my co-workers emailed this to me today. It looked pretty cool and may prove to be useful for some of you iPhone owners that like this kind of stuff. The first link is a description and the second link is an iTunes URL. You will need to have iTunes installed to view the second link...

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300903039&mt=8

And here is a similar version with the same concept...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300045171&mt=8
Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cool ballistic calculator for iPhone owners

"iPhone", "iTunes" ? What language is that? Will that calculator thingy work on my black rotary dial phone???
Old 01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ibook, ipod, i can't really see why apple has to put an "i" infront of everything they make.

"iPhone", "iTunes" ? What language is that? Will that calculator thingy work on my black rotary dial phone???
yeah but you'll be all day just putting in the numbers.

Semi, think if you make a mistake.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

One of my co-workers emailed this to me today. It looked pretty cool and may prove to be useful for some of you iPhone owners that like this kind of stuff. The first link is a description and the second link is an iTunes URL. You will need to have iTunes installed to view the second link...

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300903039&mt=8

And here is a similar version with the same concept...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300045171&mt=8
When Cayugad or Sabotloader gets one then I will get one, (if Semisane gets 1 Iwill get one for every member of my family--he resisted BH for 9 months.) . I thought the beauty of the iPhone was the ability to do things on the web? There a plenty of Ballistics programs for free on the web, so why buy an iPhone application when you can use a free one? The app for the ability to run disconnected from the Web? Where in the Bitterroot Wilderness area where there is no cell towers? At the range, I print out the trajectory that I am going for, for confirmation, works.
Chap
Old 01-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Becuase the application would be faster than using the internet. Internet is dependant on service signal. If you're out of area you can still use the app. And as far as paying for it, I think these software developers have every right to want to get paid for their hard work. Just like anyone else offering goods.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Becuase the application would be faster than using the internet. Internet is dependant on service signal. If you're out of area you can still use the app. And as far as paying for it, I think these software developers have every right to want to get paid for their hard work. Just like anyone else offering goods.
Sure they deserve to get paid, I never said they didn't I am just wondering why I would buy this. Chap
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

Sure they deserve to get paid, I never said they didn't I am just wondering why I would buy this. Chap
I suppose you wouldn't buy it. You'd need an iPhone anyway. I only posted this for any iPhone owners that might be interested. It doesn't appear there are any in this section of the forum...
Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose you wouldn't buy it. You'd need an iPhone anyway. I only posted this for any iPhone owners that might be interested. It doesn't appear there are any in this section of the forum...
I have a BlackBerry, and I think I will get a Verizon Storm, which is a competitor to an iPhone. We run Lotus Notes on iPhone, so I know the deal with them.
Chap
Old 01-22-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a BlackBerry, and I think I will get a Verizon Storm, which is a competitor to an iPhone. We run Lotus Notes on iPhone, so I know the deal with them.
Chap
The Storm is definitely a cool phone. But a competitor for the iPhone, I think not.