Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura Load

Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default CVA Accura Load

plannin on shooting powerbelts with 80-100gr of pyrodex pellets in this gun, but not 100% on that just yet.

Wondering if anyone has a goodload for this gun.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CVA Accura Load

Underclocked should know what shoots out of them rifles..
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

well i will be looking forward to the response then...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

i'd love to see how the accura does with powerbelts.

245-295 powerbelts use 80gr pyrodex or equal.

270,300,338 platinum you can use the 100gr charges +
Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

CarpetBagger

Does your state require you to shoot conicals? If they do not I would suggest that there are much better projectiles out there.

If they do require a conical check into Dan's Bull Shop Bullets or Dave's No-Excuse bullets.

I know UC has already shot a bunch of different projectiles.. hopefully he will pick up on this thread soon - or better yet send him a PM...
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

No it is not required. Sabot rounds are allowed.

Truth be told the WMU I hunt is shotgun only...but allows for inline muzzleloaders to be used during the firearms season. After 2 years with a mossberg 500 shotgun ive decided against throwing lead at a deer and am now moving towards a muzzleloader for accuracy purposes.

There is also an early doe muzzleloaderseason that overlaps our archery season as well as lobbying for an early buck season for muzzleloader.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

CarpetBagger

hunt is shotgun only...but allows for inline muzzleloaders to be used during the firearms season
Cool - you will like shooting and hunting with a ML and the Accura is receiving good marks from all that I have read.

The PowerBelt is probably the easiest bullet to load and it is accurate, but it not one of the strongest bullets in the world.

Your biggest problem will be to find the correct sabot to go along with what ever projectile you choose. Again UC is the resource there - I'll send him a email and ask him to check in on this thread...

I shoot a Nosler .451/260 grain Partition for deer but, it is an expensive bullet - my second choice would be the Speer Gold Dot either the .452/300 grain or the .452/250 grain - both of these bullets are tough as nails and are bonded.

Good luck in your search....
Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Couple more questions...please be gentle im kinda clueless in this field.

I was wondering about which primers to choose....winchester makes these triple 7 primers ($7 a box!!) federals are like $3.99 for the 209A primers.

As for powder should i buy triple 7 pellets or just regular pyrodex pellets...Whats the difference??

IfI shoot a sabot shouldI expect to have plastic in the rifling andneeding scrubbed in between shots?

AllI have right now is the rifle and slingon its way...what else doI need. I dont plan on shooting it for a few months till this weather breaks so ill slowly aquire the goods.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CarpetBagger

No it is not required. Sabot rounds are allowed.

Truth be told the WMU I hunt is shotgun only...but allows for inline muzzleloaders to be used during the firearms season. After 2 years with a mossberg 500 shotgun ive decided against throwing lead at a deer and am now moving towards a muzzleloader for accuracy purposes.

There is also an early doe muzzleloaderseason that overlaps our archery season as well as lobbying for an early buck season for muzzleloader.

I like your style! I gave up the trusty Mossberg Trophy Slugster for a ML'er during Shotgun Season 10 years ago. I have always been a 1 shot guy, never liked hearing all them 4-5 shots in a row. I knew when I shot I had that 1 and only shot and it makes you a better Hunter and you know you have just 1 shot so you better wait and make you best shot, if you dont get that perfect opporitunity than you pass. I must have got this way from being a BowHunter.My Buddies all think Im crazy for using it during SG Season but My results using it are mostly better than there's! One tip though....after you shoot, RELOAD!!! Im not gonna get into that one but do reload because you never know when a Big Buck is gonna walk by after you shoot a Nice Big Doe! We also have a 10 Late ML Season that starts the day after SG Season, it's great and you actually see a-lot more deer during it. And where I live most Hunters are burned out after SG Season so there's hardly anyone out Hunting, it's nothig to drive down the road and see 30 or more Deer just out feeding in the Corn Fields.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3296029

Quick Reply: CVA Accura Load

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.