Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Remington Genesis...Can you use medium scope mounts? >

Remington Genesis...Can you use medium scope mounts?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis...Can you use medium scope mounts?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington Genesis...Can you use medium scope mounts?

Wondering how folks have mounted scopes on these guns...any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Remington Genesis...Can you use medium scope mounts?

medium rings will not work. For the stupidity and fun of it, I tried a set and the cam will not clear the tube. You need to order high rings and then the cam goes right under. Also because of the way the stock is, the high mount puts you right in line of the scope.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cayugad is correct. The high mounts are just right. And if you have gorilla paws like I do, its easier to get them in there to put the primer in.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Which mounting rings/bases are you using for the Genesis? (Looks like I will need to return CVA mediums)

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Dominant Buck

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Browse.asp

These fit the Yukon and the Genesis... or you can get the mounts and any high ring you like to use.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sniggle

Which mounting rings/bases are you using for the Genesis? (Looks like I will need to return CVA mediums)

Thanks!
That's why you gotta ask before you buy brotha! I also have the same Traditions base and rings that cayugad has. They fit great and are just right for the Genesis.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have that Traditions base too only I used Traditions See-Thru rings instead of getting the package with the base and high rings. I actually like the see-thru rings more than I thought I would. Especially after everyone saying how it put the scope up too high. It's just right for me. The rings on my regular rifle are too low as I have to turn my head sideways and it's just a pain to get it right and if I have a hat on it makes it even harder. The see-thru mounts so far seem much better to me. I'd either get those or the high rings. To my understanding anything under high rings wont work.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used a T/C ring/base set called Gorilla Grip. They make these in standard and see-thru. I used the standard type, and they are not what I'd call high but the cam clears my Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33 just fine. You could get your thumb caught between the scope and the hammer, or the scope and the cam if you try. The T/C packaging lists the Genesis on the back. The one thing I would note is that Ihad to slidethe scope as far forward as it will go (the turret housing is almost touchingthe forwardring). It worked out though. I installed the hammer spur supplied with the gun.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

I used a T/C ring/base set called Gorilla Grip.
That's what I had on my blue/black one. They say they are Medium mounts and I had no clearence issue. Their definition of "medium" might be different from other companies though.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I would say the clearance between the cam and my scope is bout .25 to .375 inches, though I'm not looking at the gun right now.

Quick Reply: Remington Genesis...Can you use medium scope mounts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.