Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA and BPI max load recommendation >

CVA and BPI max load recommendation

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA and BPI max load recommendation

Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CVA and BPI max load recommendation

Here we go again guys,get out your high boots

Charlie
ORIGINAL: tommydelvis

all this and all i can say for anyone of you who want to know about the amount of charge.read articles posted by randy wakeman before you shoot any cva/bpi made guns,I say this one month after my cva optima pro shooting 90 grains of loose powder with 300 grain sabot blew up in my face. my scope was 30 feet behind me where it was supposed to be is a hole in the entire back portion of the barrel. you said talk to mark,I DID he just wants to get my gun back asap. wondering what was the hurry I started looking for reasons why this would happen.anyone of you can do the same thing on google, look up;;; ''will my cva muzzleloader blow up'',, ''or cva muzzleloader accidents''. i tell you this in hopes someone else does not get hurt.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Typical Buck

Tommy-I did your Google sarch. All posts lead to RW.Perhaps you should post some of your pictures of your "blown up" CVA on this forum. They do not seem to exhist elswhere.

Charlie
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tommy-I did your Google sarch. All posts lead to RW.
All thisstuff leads to Wakeman. Wakeman is in the pockets of a Tulsa, OK ambulance chaser.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

tommy, sorry for your injuries. I wonder if you might elaborateabout exactly what the conditions were and components of the load you were using? 90 grains of what powder?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.wsls.com/sls/news/local/new_river_valley/article/police_have_removed_all_toxic_chemicals_from_pembr oke_home/22623/

I just wanted to show you guys that I didn't make that up.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

UC-How do you find this stuff? You are truely a Guru

Charlie
Old 01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: tommydelvis

all this and all i can say for anyone of you who want to know about the amount of charge.read articles posted by randy wakeman before you shoot any cva/bpi made guns,I say this one month after my cva optima pro shooting 90 grains of loose powder with 300 grain sabot blew up in my face. my scope was 30 feet behind me where it was supposed to be is a hole in the entire back portion of the barrel. you said talk to mark,I DID he just wants to get my gun back asap. wondering what was the hurry I started looking for reasons why this would happen.anyone of you can do the same thing on google, look up;;; ''will my cva muzzleloader blow up'',, ''or cva muzzleloader accidents''. i tell you this in hopes someone else does not get hurt.
Tommy

When you get a chance, please check out my post here:

http://www.mdwfp.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58555

Would like to see some detailed pics as well.

Hope you get well soon.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:27 PM

if someone could tell me how i will try again to put pics of blown gun on here
Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spoke to Mark also about this just the other day. I asked why the maximum load for loose powder was at 100gr. and not at least 120-130gr. of loose powderto put it about equal with a charge of 150gr. of Pyrodox Pellets. He assured me the ML I was refering to, the ACCURA, would indeed handle this charge of 150gr. of loose powder, but in there testing, even with the longer barreal, that the powder would;nt fully burn and thus being too much for powder that was'nt needed. And he also said to get the best results of loose powder I would have to use a cronograph to test the velocities of the higher powder charges, and when the velocities started to level off with say a powder charge of 130gr.++ to then back off on the powder to find the happy medium that suited the ML. As I have learned and heard from many of you on this forum, a Magnum charge of 150gr.'s of loose powder does affect accuracy and in most cases is too much and overkill for a good shooting load. It's all user preferance, but why use a Magnum load if it is'nt the best load. Ron
Old 01-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Quick Reply: CVA and BPI max load recommendation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.