Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

t/c vs cva

Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: t/c vs cva

Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

parts used in the cva caplocks are low quality. pot metal and plastic. quality control doesnt matter when it comes to cheapo-parts... ive taken apart quite a few guns and thompson center is the winner. no contest. the cva inlines like the optima are nicer but there are rough flaws in the metal on the ones ive seen. i do like the optima over the omega in the feel department.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 PM

[8D]i dont own the fancy other guns but i can tell you from recent experience that i will not shoot another cva blackpowder gun,my reasoning being i had one to blow up in my face while being shot with 90 grain of loose powder not even the mag load they say is ok to shoot,after doing my own reading on their guns have found out nearly everyone of the guns they make have had some kind of problems like mine most more serious are the breech plugs ejecting out of the back with the bolt and springs in the bolt type guns mine was an optima break open and the barrel blew out the top.this is for purpose of trying to help anymore from being hurt,its your choice to shoot any gun you want but I recemmend not a cva!!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Spike

Michbowhunter,How did the Accura you shot compare to the Encore?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

Is this still going on?

goodness goodness

I have one of those cheap potmetal sidelocks that cva made. Mountain stalker lays 3 295gr powerbelts into a 1" group @ 100 yards with Williams fiber optic sights. Not bad for potmetal and plastic. And then theres the Mountain Rifle. That right there was the sweetest CVA you could buy back in the days. 32" barrel available in .45 up to 58cal, Curly Maple Stock, Douglas barrel. Sweet shooters indeed.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tommydelvis

[8D]i dont own the fancy other guns but i can tell you from recent experience that i will not shoot another cva blackpowder gun,my reasoning being i had one to blow up in my face while being shot with 90 grain of loose powder not even the mag load they say is ok to shoot,after doing my own reading on their guns have found out nearly everyone of the guns they make have had some kind of problems like mine most more serious are the breech plugs ejecting out of the back with the bolt and springs in the bolt type guns mine was an optima break open and the barrel blew out the top.this is for purpose of trying to help anymore from being hurt,its your choice to shoot any gun you want but I recemmend not a cva!!
Randy Wakeman, Chuck Hawks, Toby Bridges.

Which one you work for?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

T/C has poor customer service. They may have had good service in the past, but that is not true anymore!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MountainDevil54

ORIGINAL: tommydelvis

Randy Wakeman, Chuck Hawks, Toby Bridges.

Which one you work for?
My thoughts exactly.I just bought a new ML this fall.I SOLD a T/C Black Diamond and replaced it with a CVA Accura (and got a heckuva deal,Didn't I Underclocked!!) and would not trade back.There is nothing lacking with the quality of my Accura.I looked at a Triumph and didn't like the release for the break action at ALL. I'll stick wit my Accura.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MountainDevil54

Is this still going on?

goodness goodness

I have one of those cheap potmetal sidelocks that cva made. Mountain stalker lays 3 295gr powerbelts into a 1" group @ 100 yards with Williams fiber optic sights. Not bad for potmetal and plastic. And then theres the Mountain Rifle. That right there was the sweetest CVA you could buy back in the days. 32" barrel available in .45 up to 58cal, Curly Maple Stock, Douglas barrel. Sweet shooters indeed.
how can you see that far with open sights.

i dont shoot in past 50 yds with open sights.

i can do that if i have right TARGET at 50 yds but no way i could do that at 100 yds with open sights.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Banned

My eyes are aged 24 years

150 yards surprisingly gets easier to see for some reason. That same rifle holds a 2" group @ 150 but i have to use my shooting sticks due to the rough terrain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.