Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC's firing Barnes TEZ ? >

TC's firing Barnes TEZ ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC's firing Barnes TEZ ?

Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC's firing Barnes TEZ ?

Guys,

Has anyone had luck shooting the TEZ's out of a TC (grouping wise)? I use the PH and received excellent advice last year about using 110-120 gr of T7 and the Harvester SBS. During this off-season I intend to try a few different bullet/sabot combinations and BH209. I was hoping to get a jump start on the TEZ's if anybody has had luck (because of the cost I can't shoot many of these). I know I'll try Speer Gold Dots but will most likely hunt next year with a 200-250 yard bullet (either the SW/SST or TEZ). Thanks in advance!!!!

Hammer
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC's firing Barnes TEZ ?

ORIGINAL: Hammer49

Guys,

Has anyone had luck shooting the TEZ's out of a TC (grouping wise)? I use the PH and received excellent advice last year about using 110-120 gr of T7 and the Harvester SBS. During this off-season I intend to try a few different bullet/sabot combinations and BH209. I was hoping to get a jump start on the TEZ's if anybody has had luck (because of the cost I can't shoot many of these). I know I'll try Speer Gold Dots but will most likely hunt next year with a 200-250 yard bullet (either the SW/SST or TEZ). Thanks in advance!!!!

Hammer
They would be good to try. Toby Bridges has:

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/NewProducts4.html

A few guys on the Savage forum. Please report your results, we would love to hear from you. Take lots of pictures, and tell us your loading/swabing techniques and your seating pressure, sabot, all the details. Best Wishes Chap
Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have done a small amount of work with them the T-EZ with the flat base was the best grouper with all 4 of my TC inlines, I just did not have much luck finding any combination that would make the boat tailed one group well. The only bullet that consistently shot better was the 250 SW.
The loads I ended up with as best.
The 250 SW with Short Black Harvester sabot and 120 gr BH209& Win. 209
The 250T-EZ with Short Black Harvester sabot and 110gr BH 209 & Win. 209
Actual results on deer were best with the 250Gold Dot even though it is not as accurate it will come close to 1 inch groups the SW and the T-EZ did well neither deer went over 60 yds.
For 200 yds I class both the SW and the T-EZ as minute of angle and I would take the 250 yd shot off a rest with SW with out any qualms, the 250 Gold Dot I limit my shots to 170 yds.
I will be trying the new Hornady FTB 325 plastic tip double cannalure bullet when ever I can get some They look to me like the ideal Hog bear elk moose 150 yd bullet If I can get the accuracy I like. Lee
Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

i'll be trying them in my triumph shortly. the ez sabots are hph 24's
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like them. I tested my Genesis with 300g XTP's, 270g Remington PT's, and 290g T-EZ's. The Genesis liked the T-EZ's the best. I'll be shooting them from now on. I'm going to test them with some Harvester Black CR sabots to see how they group compared to the supplied sabot.