Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

FPBs at Walmart

Old 12-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default FPBs at Walmart

Still $15 as of 12/26 in South Bend IN area, so still waiting. Was hoping to get some camo gloves but seems just about all camo clothes are gone.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: FPBs at Walmart

Still $15.00 dollars as of 12/26 here in Princeton WV also. [:'(]
Old 12-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

There 15 bucks at our wal-mart as well. I bought 3 packs because they were getting low on them. I have never shot them before, but im hoping they will shoot well out of my g-series whitetail.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same thing here. Pyrodex RS is still $15.00, 777 is $20.00. The Lawton Wal-Marts are notorious for not marking down M/L supplies.Still have quite a few FPB bullets but my Encore needs to have the zero checked before hog hunting with it again.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

No BP stuff at any of the WalMarts around me. The guy behind the counter at one of themmentioned they don't move any of it until it goes on sale at clearance price so that is why they don't carry it anymore. I guess we can be our own worst enemy sometimes.

So if you have it at your, good luck in the future.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Colorado Cajun

No BP stuff at any of the WalMarts around me. The guy behind the counter at one of themmentioned they don't move any of it until it goes on sale at clearance price so that is why they don't carry it anymore. I guess we can be our own worst enemy sometimes.

So if you have it at your, good luck in the future.
You would think that would tell Wal Mart that if they were not trying to make a such a large profit on everything they sell, and lowered their prices like their commercials used to imply.. they would and could move products and still give the consumer a better deal. I called mine today and their powder prices have not dropped enough to make me jump.

Wal Mart used to be a good place to shop. We now have a super wal mart. And I hate to say, but I can get groceries and lots of other stuff cheaper at other stores...
Old 12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are still $15 at my Walmart too. 12/28. They had a ton of them left, so I will wait until next week, and see what they are then. Not much stuff left around here.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

all bullets are gone here at wal-mart.

i bought 3 boxes of .50 cal hornady balls for 9 dollars ea.

lots of other things still here and marked down like 3 dollars a item.

i agree on grocerys, we shop at SCOTS/WEIS STORE and prices are cheaper.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I was getting leading in my pistol barrel using round ball I used a Moly bore paste it really reduces leadingand copper build up in full cal bullets.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the last 3 boxes of 200 grain Shockwaves that the local store had for $7 eachbut the FPB's are still at $15 after 3 weeks. I still have 3 packs so I'm not in a hurry to buy them at a higher price than I paid for the ones I have. When they drop them down I will buy some more, they still have about a dozen packs at the store and the stock has been at that level for several weeks so no one else seems to be in a hurry to buy them either. I hope they drop the price this Thursday so I can pick upa few more for a reasonable price. All the store had for powder is 777 2F at $20. That price is about what the Sportsmans Warehouse sells it for all year long so I don't consider that a big discount, I'llhold offon that also.

Quick Reply: FPBs at Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.