Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

open season

Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default open season

What seasons are open or going to open before it all ends. Here in Arkansas we have a 3 day gun hunt after Christmas,then bow season runs until feb 28. Then its the long wait until next bow season.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: open season

Here in Missouri we are done except bow season ending January 15. However there is a new youth hunt that will be on January 3 and 4 for all the kids that got guns for Christmas.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

The season here in Louisianais open untilJanuary 25th, with the last week being "Primitive Weapons" (MLs & certain single shots). The rut in the area I hunt is just now kicking in. If I don't get that 8-pointer I've been hunting next week end I'm going to take a doe or two.

You know what, I count 24 members viewing this froum right now - 10 p.m on Christmas Eve -we've got to be a bunch of sick puppies. Hooked BAD!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

semisane well im working tonight and were not to busy in the ER right now. Reckon everyone is still opening presents. My family just came up here and brought some snacks, so at least I got to see them fora spell.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Gregrn43, it's a fine thing you are doing.Hopefully that ER will be the most boreing place around tonight. You've got a job that'stough on you and your family.My wife is a RN (now retired) and spent a few years in the ER, mostly at night. Some mornings she came home with that look that told me she had a real bad night. Kids in auto crashes were the worst.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

bow is all thats left till jan.4
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what she is talking about. Sometimes I think I want out of this business, but I wouldnt know what else to do. Two things have always stuck in my mind, dont think it will ever go away. A 2yr old in a crash came in cardio-pulmonary arrest, we did everything to try and get this kid back, we did a lateral c-spine and she had a c-2 spine fracture. We stopped everthing. Another was a 14yr old that was climbing up the river bank here and when he grabbed this big rock it came loose, he fell back down the bank and the rock landed on top of him crushing his chest. The friends he was with had already gone up the bank, when he didnt show they went back looking for him. Ambulance brought him in we worked an hour on him, but he was to far gone. Nothing prepares a person for kids, well at least nothing that I have found yet.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Where in Arkansas are you? I am from Clarksville. I am ready for this 3 day gun hunt to be over so I can get back to bowhunting.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Walnut ridge its northwest of Jonesboro
Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Longbeard do you not gun hunt?

Quick Reply: open season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.