Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Encore Trigger Jobs >

Encore Trigger Jobs

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Trigger Jobs

Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Encore Trigger Jobs

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Was wondering if anyone has got a trigger job done and how has it turned out ?? Who did it ?? Has anyone heard of Jim Henry in Barstow, Ca, i heard he did them, but i cant find any contact info from him. Thanks Bob
Old 12-23-2008, 09:36 PM

Default RE: Encore Trigger Jobs

I used Mike Bellm... and it was wonderful. He will also sell you everything you need to do it yourself and you can even download a video online from him that shows you how to do it.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/

My original trigger was at a HORRIBLE 7.4 pounds not to mention it had a ton of creep. I requested a trigger down to 2# and it came back to me at 2.1# with ZERO creep. I got to tell you... it has made me a very good shot compared to before.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

I also used Mike Bellm's slide show and did it myself. I also drilled & tapped the trigger guard for an overtravel screw. The trigger is now lovely.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

imust have lucked out and got an Encore with a good trigger. It breaks like glass at between 3 and 3.5 pounds.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:19 AM

One thing about a smooth soft trigger is... you know when its going to go "BANG". When I had over 7# of pull and the dreaded trigger creep I really never knew how far before it would finally fire off, plus it always seemed to do it at a different time.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

We(a couple of friends and myself) have several Encore frames. We have had 4 different gunsmith's do the trigger jobs on the Encores(Everyone I have ever seen needed a trigger job). Two of the jobs were done by Bellm. They are the best jobs of all the other frames. He does a fantastic job. We also had one job done by Stratton. He also did good work, but Bellm's job was the best.

It was actually pretty easy. I just took the stock and the barrel off and sent him the frame in the mail. Nice small package. Tom.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Mine came new with a 3 lb trigger one of the best I have tried. I wonder how it got out of the plant that way. From what I here most triggers are much worse.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM

My trigger breaks at 4 lbs. which seems awfully heavy .but i called knight rifles and they told me a hunting trigger should be between 3 to 5 lbs. but they said if i wanted to set it at 3 lbs. to send the trigger housing to them in the off season and they would do it.thats whats good about knight customer sevice there very helpful.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: falcon

imust have lucked out and got an Encore with a good trigger. It breaks like glass at between 3 and 3.5 pounds.

You are lucky. This is uncommon, I believe. I wouldn't change a thing!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Tom, I want to send it to Bellm, but he says it will be after spring before he takes anymore trigger jobs. I know Eabco,Stratton,and Jim Henry do them. I was just looking for some feedback from others who used them. Thanks Bob

Quick Reply: Encore Trigger Jobs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.