Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 why are they so addicting >

why are they so addicting

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

why are they so addicting

Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: why are they so addicting

AHHH the smoke and loud bangs. It's very addictive. We all tinker and that's fuel for the sport. We all want the best for our guns (children) so we do our best and if that means more guns then so be it.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wimuzzleman

I know some of you have many muzzleloaders and when I bought my first You all warned me that it gets addicting but I was wondering if anyone knows why it is so addicting? I look at muzzleloaders online almost every day, Every time I go to cabelas or gander mountain, I pick up every muzzleloader and play with em. I have a list of muzzleloaders i need to buy. I am not saying i want to find a cure I am just wondering who has a theory why.
Because they are a 1 shot ballistics lab and you can tinker without spending thousands on cars. Women have shoes and cloths or horses if they are rich, guys have either cars, guns or farms. As for why--- the Bible says it is the "lust of the flesh or foolish pride of life", that should cover it. However the Bible says that a righteous man keeps all his things in good condition and his house if filled with treasures, so using this scripture as a theory I believe it is we are filling our house with our treasures (I have several guns in various corners of the house, leaning up against the wall, no gun safe or whatever). So those are my two theories on addiction of MLing, tis better than booze or work-a-holic, and if God is not 100% grace, then I go to hell.
Chap
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started last year. I own 7 total rifles. 5 of which are muzzleloaders. 2 sidelocks and 3 inlines. tinkering with my tc new englander now. had FG do work on my cva hawkens.

maybe in a few years I will have to half the amount of muzzys that cayugad has lol
Old 12-03-2008, 01:23 PM

Yea, the bang and the smoke and the hole, all good fun.....

...but the cleaning! I try not to shoot it.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

There must be crack in the smoke... J/K I know what you mean. I think it's rewarding to take a gun and figure out what it likes and shoots best. I also like making big holes in things, and I find muzzleloading more challanging then picking up a rifle and putting at cartridge in.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's all about the smoke.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Spike

Bout 35 years ago, my dad, brother, several friends and I used to go out to this old field next to a railroad right of way and shoot clay pigeons with shotguns. Did this every weekend for a while. Several time these two guys would come out and shoot these .58 zouves at targets they set up on a telegraph post next to the rail line,I loved the smell of the BP and the novelty of shooting that way. I thought it was so cool, didn't know you could still get guns like that. Well that christmas my dad got me a .45 derringer kit from CVA. We put that together and shot it a lot, what fun for a 14 year old. I was then addicted.

Got a double bbl 12 made in India after that, .54 TC renegade (good for shooting cinder blocks for fun) and a 1851 colt repro. all before I was 18. Broke down and finally went inline with an A/H 420, than I got one of their Mountain rifles (shame they went out of business) Now I want to get a flint hawken kit from Track of the wolf.

Oh, those two guys with the zouves. They ended up cutting down the telegraph pole with their minnies and the sheriff closed the site to further shooting.

Happy day to you all, I hope all of you have a merry Christmas, thank God for the birth of our Savior.