Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 offtopic, bs at work >

offtopic, bs at work

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

offtopic, bs at work

Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default offtopic, bs at work

I am getting transferred to another 7-11 (yes I work at an 7-11). my manager at the one I am at now was suppose to gave me the weekend off. so I can start fresh at the new store. she #@*%ed me, I am having me work all weekend. she told the DM (field consultant) I would be off from friday to sunday. looked, I was put on from friday to sunday at the store. I am pissed and an number of co workers are pissed about it, the DM I would be working with was/is pissed, the store manager I will be working under is pissed. It is unfair to me, I have not had an weekend off for 2 months. the one weekend I wanted off, she screwed me out of. I know other people asked for this weekend off before all this came about but you think if an DM makes the request off it would trump someones else's request. she owned me one. I got called in on an day I asked off an month and an day a head of time. this is not far, I have to be at work saturday (last day of rifle, a doe day) at 6am, deer more in one place I hunt around 7am. being the last day of rifle, family members that have not had luck at other places will be there. so not one reason for me to hunt in the after noon, it will be packed. if I take one it will piss others off even thou I been hunting there since day one. she has really pissed me off. I almost think she was trying to get me to quit. (the if I can't have him no one can). now, my new manager has to find me a day off now.

sorry for it being so long

I need an range session, pic of my old manager, and 1000rds of 7.62x39. or just more to drink.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Spike

Default RE: offtopic, bs at work

B*tch !!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Dominant Buck

One of the unfortunate elements of only having a few months on the job. Low man on the totem pole we used to call it. Even if it was promised, inthe private sector there is no guarantees you will begiven it. Things change too fast. For instance, I have a brother who is the vice president of a communications company that handle Internet, telephone, cable TV, etc.. I always laugh at him because he's always having to go to work because someone called in sick or did not show up. And he is high up the totem.

You don't have seniority to over ride someone else. Also when there comes a shortage of man power they have to cover, they always give it to; the one that can best handle the situation & with the least amount of seniority. It really is not so much being screwed over as it is aman power distribution problem. It sounds like someone screwed with the scheduling. I realize this might not be a pleasing explanation to you, but if you ever have to do scheduling and make sure all shifts are covered, you will understand. Sorry to hear you don't have the weekend off.

Sometimes its best to not voice too much disagreement with management decisions like this. It can actually lead to hard feelings with managementand later to head hunting. Sometimes, your better off to simply work the overtime, and keep this as a future playing card when you need a favor down the road.This willingness to work when you were not scheduled leads to job security. After all if positions had to be cut, or promotions made, who do you thing goes or gets it, the person that calls in sick, the person that complains all the time, or the one that works with management and handles the shortfalls. It sounds like you have a lot of hunting season left. Hang in there. Lets hope with the next appointment, things will get better.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

it just pissed me off.

I have 2 more weeks to go, I look forward to doe days. you can't eat horns.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 PM

Read cayauds post again!! Welcome to the real world. Think about it every TN State Trooper is working the entire weekend. My neighbor is a trauma nurse. She has been there for 23 years and she is working this whole weekend. I am not giving you the devil. Sometimes you have to look at the whole picture. Oh yeah my grandson has not had a weekend off or a day off in 11 months. He is a US Marine in Iraq
Old 11-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry guys,

just really pissed about this. I have to report at the other store (at this point) at 7:45am monday and work sunday 3pm to 10pm at the old. my last day (by the original plan on this move) was friday at the old store.

I am going to work it. jess wants me to call in sick the 2 days. I can't do that. it is ok, if anyone brings me a problem. I just say not my problem since I am just feel in.

I am 4th on the call list there. new one I be 3rd.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

We all get it up the you know what from time to time. The best way to look at it is you have a job. Milliions are getting laid off as the economy tumbles and it still is not too promising next year. Cheer up I had to miss an opening weekend a few years back due to my cousin getting married on opening weekend, you should of seen how many of us were pissed
Old 11-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

the plus side, I am hoping for after noon hunts. I found out I gotta work and 3pm to 12am shift at the new place next week. and it is in a bad part of that town. really wish I had got my CWL. now
Old 11-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Corey, just hang in there. Be polite to everyone and cry all the way to the bank. Save up all the coins you can. Years later in life you will be able to say: "Sorry I can't do that job, it will interfere with my hunting."
Old 11-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

hoping in an year to have my own store

Quick Reply: offtopic, bs at work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.