Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Got the Disc Extreme >

Got the Disc Extreme

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got the Disc Extreme

Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got the Disc Extreme

Well, I went into Sportsmans Warehouse and came home with it. I hesitated some, as it's one of the older models, I think from '05. It has the little allen screw that you loosen to remove the bolt, and it didn't come with the non-fpj conversion. Probably why it was cheaper than everywhere else I looked. I figure if I email Knight and ask real nice, maybe they'll send me the conversion. If not, oh well. The fpj seems like a good system. So, what do y'all recommend for loads and all that?

Vince
Old 11-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Got the Disc Extreme

My Extreme was not powder shy. It liked strong loads. One of the favorite with it was 110 grains of Triple Se7en 2f and a Barnes 250 grain bullet with the supplied sabot (Traditions sold them). That was a very accurate combination. It also shot shockwaves real well.

I traded the rifle long before I had a chance to really learn it... But from the little I did shoot it, it was easy to shoot, clean, and very accurate.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to go clean it this morning, and then we're going to go out back and put some powder through it a little later today. I have some 24o gr. xtp's with some green crush ribs that I'll probably use to get it on paper, and then I have some barnes expanderz that I plan on using for my hunting load, so I'll finish up the day with those. Hopefully it goes well today, today is about the only day I have that I can go out shooting with it before hunting season starts on Saturday.

Vince
Old 11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto to Cayugad, congrats on an extremly accurate rifle. Mine also loves 110 grains of triple 7 loose with 245 or 250 Barnes bullets (knight red hots are awesome).