Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 First kill with the Endeavor. >

First kill with the Endeavor.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First kill with the Endeavor.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default First kill with the Endeavor.

Well, the early Muzzleloader season opened here in Florida on Friday. I took the day off yesterday to go hunt and the wind was blowing about 30mph. Oh well, I was in the woods. This morning was much better though. It was clear and calm and about 28 degrees. I was hunting the Choctawhatchee water management area. About 7:30 this morning I saw a group of hogs move through the swamp just out of range from my treestand (to thick). There was one in that group that was REALLLLY big. About ten minutes after that group eased by I heard another group working toward me. I could see about 5 or 6 pigs moving in my direction. When they got to about 60 yards they turned and strarted moving around behind my stand. I whistled to get them to stop and would you know it everyone of them stopped behind a tree or bush. I looked ahead of them to try and find the next clearing in front of them for a shooting lane. There was an old logging road about 50 yards from my stand that had just enough opening in it to get a shot off if I could get one of them to stop. Well, I guess it was my lucky day. I was standing with the gun propped against the tree looking through the scope at the road and the first pig that hit the road stopped broadside. I let the Endeavor and the 110gr of BH209 and the 250gr. Shockwave loose and the rest is history. The bullet entered almost perfect behind the front shoulder and exited the other side. We estimated the hog to weigh around 125lbs. Not a trophy by any stretch of the imagination but needless to say, I was excited. I love this Muzzleloader hunting. Thanks again for everyones help. Here are some pictures .

Old 11-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: First kill with the Endeavor.

SHulion

Nice harvest Scott... Great pictures and you are right ML hunting is really fun
Old 11-22-2008, 03:51 PM

28 degrees in Florida??? You must have to get the meat taken care of quick-right...It has'nt been above 25 here in two weeks now...Oh and by the way congrads on you kill....
Old 11-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

gratz on the kill. i wanna get one of those endeavors, such a great ML.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations.. now there would be my idea of a Thanksgiving meal.. roast young pork on a spit. That shockwave really did a number on porky there. And I must say it looks like you really placed it well. That's the way to do it.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Now thats what I call smoked bacon congrats on the pig.

WV Mountaineer

Old 11-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, was it a bonded or reguler SW? Lee
Old 11-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shot! Can anyone say bacon?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys.

Lemoyne, it was a regular shockwave.

I went again this morning but I didn't see anything. Oh well, it was still good to be in the woods. You guys have a great Thanksgiving.

Quick Reply: First kill with the Endeavor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.