Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Question On Scopes And Eyeglasses >

Question On Scopes And Eyeglasses

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Question On Scopes And Eyeglasses

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question On Scopes And Eyeglasses

Well I shoot with glasses as well. And I adjust the back of the scope to be in focus with my glasses and never seem to have a problem.
+1
Works for me too.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

I also have bi-focal eye glasses. I also wear contacts. I have three different prescriptions for contacts. I have two for nearsightedness for the right and left. I have a third contact prescription for the right eye for what is called monocular vision. That script just corrects my stigmatism in that eye and allows me to read without reading glasses. I have been having trouble reading really small print this last year somy optometristsays she is going to change that script to a 1.25 magnifier so I can read better. When I am hunting, I wear both nearsighted lenses as the other right eye lens messes with my right side peripheral vision.

Before I was forty, I never went to any kind of doctor including eye doctors. Now I can't seem to make it through a year without seeing one!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Right off hand I would look for two things its liable to be one of them. your glasses many have a lot of fine scratches this will do it and is almost impossible to see unless you have an other pair of glasses. The other possibility is that your eyes have changed and you need new glasses. Lee
Old 11-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Both of those apply to me Lee, year old scratched lenses and Olympic Skiing eyes (downhill). My annual exam is next month. I should start scheduling them so that I get the new glasses just before hunting season.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks so much to everyone who replied as I learned a lot and also that I am not the only one who experiences this.I pulled out the Burris manual today and reset the focus using their method pointing it at a white wall and adjusting the focus until the crosshairs were bright and sharp and also looking through it at a house across the road at the house number above door and adjusted it where I could see the numbers clearly also.I would say right now it is about 95 percent and much better than the other day so I think all things considered it is about as good as I can get it will wearing glasses at least I can see a deer very good now as I watched and passed on a 100 pound doe this afternoon waiting for a buck and she was definitely much clearer in the scope.Thanks Alot! Mike
Old 11-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Simple as that.