Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 not ecxactly a ml question but... >

not ecxactly a ml question but...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

not ecxactly a ml question but...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default not ecxactly a ml question but...

Have any of you drew on a orange jacket to make it orange camo? I hate wearing solid orange but my orange camo jacket is a little heavy for opening weekend here in Wi. I bought a solid orange jacket and was thinking about drawing branches on it in black to help break up my outline a little. Have any of you tried it?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: not ecxactly a ml question but...

Get yourself some other colored fabric - old pants, shirts, etc. Cut out some little odd shaped patches and glue them to the solid jacket with fabric glue.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I've sat with a solid blaze orange jacket (which is easy to see) and had deer walk right past me within yards. It looks gray to them. Sit still and they deer will still walk by. But you could do as Semisane said if you think breaking up the pattern would help.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the biggest thing you can cover up in the woods is your hands w/out gloves and your whole head. The hands because w/out a glove they look like butterfly's everytime you move. The whole head as again the pale flesh and if you move it looks like a big moon in the woods. I cover that skin and outline as much as possible.. Those are IMO the 2 most tell tale human signs in the woods.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it would work, not sure what type of marker would work best. A fabric of craft store may have some ideas.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Wimuzzleman

Have any of you drew on a orange jacket to make it orange camo? I hate wearing solid orange but my orange camo jacket is a little heavy for opening weekend here in Wi. I bought a solid orange jacket and was thinking about drawing branches on it in black to help break up my outline a little. Have any of you tried it?
My son did this one time with a big permit black marker and it looked good..He done this maybe 5 years ago and it is still on the jacket...Good luck with it and get a big wide tip marker.....
Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
FG

in CO we are required to use solid orange, no camo orange. Hasnt ever made a difference for us.