Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Northern Idaho 3x3 >

Northern Idaho 3x3

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Northern Idaho 3x3

Old 11-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Northern Idaho 3x3

It aint big by a lot of you all standards... but fer around here it is OK.

7:05 this morning I was just walking along minding my own business when hejumped out in front of me...he trotted away on an uphill angle... I really did not think I was going to get a shot as were is timber stand and he seemed in a semi hurry. When he mostly disappeared behind a big fur tree I said 'hey!' - he came out from behind the tree and stopped and loked at me... At this point I am not sure that I really like the idea that you have to cock an Omega - I was up on him in the scope - ready to slide thesafety off and then remembered 'pull thehammer back' - did so and pulled the trigger.

So much for the fun story... Late season Elk starts the 22ndso i was happy to get his one done....

Gonna make it all into breakfast sausage for my son-in-law.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Northern Idaho 3x3

That's a mighty fine buckSL. He would be a giant in my neck of the woods. Our older bucks average around 160/170 lbs. I think the heaviestever killed on our lease was 207 lbs. It's hard to tell in a picture, but that sucker looks like he could easily go 200.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, I assume this was a 110gr 777 and a 250 Gold Dot? We are waiting for the vital statistics. Lee
Old 11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

That's a nice buck there Sabotloader.. Those Noslers are sure a good bullet. You seem to have excellent results with them. Congratulations.

I'm kind of surprised you have no snow on the ground.. I would have thought you were be white by now. Good luck elk hunting.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

It is terrible weather here... 60 degrees today and that is going to set a high record on the Palouse. We had near 2" of rain a couple of weeks ago and now nothing but warm weather...

Yes, as long as I have these Noslers I will continue to use them... It was not a great shot on mypart buthe went right down - down hard.The shot was high and right, so I ended up breakinghis back closer to the rear end than the front. He was dead, but I ended up wasting another Nosler into the crease. I should have down the bow hunter thing and just waited.... I really did not loose much meat at all, which I was really happy about.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

lemoyne

Lee I still have a couple of boxes of Nosler 260's so until I run out of them - the Gold Dots just have to wait their turn... And yes 110 grains t7.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Real nice buck. Congrats
Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on a great buck
Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing rong with that buck at all! Congrats on a fine buck.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

sabotloader,
Nice buck andgood story/pictures.......I'm happy for you!

Congrats,
ENCOREMAN

Quick Reply: Northern Idaho 3x3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.