Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Northern MN 11 Point! >

Northern MN 11 Point!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Northern MN 11 Point!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Default Northern MN 11 Point!

Hello everybody! I am new to the forum here. I have been big game hunting for around six years now, and have taken 5 nice Whitetail bucks, MANY whitetail does, and a Black bear that currently holds the MN state archery black bear record. Anyways, I went out this morning for a nice muzzleloader hunt with my T/C Omega loaded with 2 777 pellets (100 gr.) and a 300 gr. XTP/MAG bullet. I had been sitting for around two hours when this bad boy walked up and I made the shot. He was quartering away and ran about 50 yards and expired. I am so excited i thought i would just share with everyone!

" />
Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Northern MN 11 Point!

Welcome ot the forum.. that's a great buck. Also a nice rifle and load.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome. That is a super nice buck.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Man that baby's a beautiful deer....Thats good huntin as well as shootin
pard.....I can never get that triple 7 to work for me in the Mustang rifle...
You have a right to be proud of that one...John
Old 11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

That's a great looking buck there, congratulations. Welcome to the forum, lots of great folks here with a wealth of info to share. Our muzzleloader season opens on the 28th, I finally drew a tag for whitetail buck after a 5 year wait, I'm more thananxious to go!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Well, I was taking the hide off and found my bullet. Attached are a few pics of the bullet, and one of the massive entrance hole. Caught a rib and really did some damage!!

What do you think?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forum. That is a nice Buck indeed. Consider yourself blessed to havethe hunting success you've had in the past 5 years. There are a lot of hunters that do not accomplish that in a lifetime. My grandfather hunted for over 40 years and NEVER tagged a buck. But he was satisfied to be out and was still dedicated. He was happy as could be when one of his sons or grandsons harvested game.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the forums. So where in Minnesota are you from? I am from Austin in the southern part of the state. You must have been using your Omega for the rifle season. Congrats on a great Buck. I had some friends up by Two Harbors all week. Didnt sound like they had much luck tho.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 PM

BigDaddy12t-
I am from Bemidji. Ya, the Omega shoked up the woods while everyone else was sportin the pea shooters

The deer really haven't been moving a whole lot tho. hopefully this front we are having will move out and the deer will want to feed. I have a nice plot that is still green that I will be keeping my eye on. Have you had any luck yet?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mroszkowski

BigDaddy12t-
I am from Bemidji. Ya, the Omega shoked up the woods while everyone else was sportin the pea shooters

The deer really haven't been moving a whole lot tho. hopefully this front we are having will move out and the deer will want to feed. I have a nice plot that is still green that I will be keeping my eye on. Have you had any luck yet?
No luck yet.[:@]I have let a few small bucks go tho. But it is getting down to crunch time, so I will be lowering my standards towards the end of ML season. I have spent right at 100 hours in a tree so far this year with my bow. I didnt gun hunt this year, but I was out there with the bow, hoping the orange army would chase one over to me, but no luck. This will be my first year hunting with the ML, so hopefully I can get my first deer with the CVA Wolf.[8D]

Quick Reply: Northern MN 11 Point!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.