Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 what a weird day of hunting >

what a weird day of hunting

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

what a weird day of hunting

Old 11-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what a weird day of hunting

I did not get up in time to hunt this morning. kinda had an hang over after last night. I did this afternoon. I spotted a group of does a few 15mins before sun down. than I was running to the store for food. A doe runs a cross the street right in front of me. I was checking my shorts.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: what a weird day of hunting

So you saw deer but never got a shot? Well better luck next time.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

forgot to say I was in my truck when it run in front of me.

plus, I can't shoot does until nov 10,
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Well that would explain why you never got a shot. What rifle were you using?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

kinda a blond moment, the disc extreme with 350gr fpb with 100grs of triple 7.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Here's one for ya. Our gun season doesn't start until Nov 15 here in MO but I have been bow hunting and here's what I've been up to so far.I had work to do at the farm and of course all my gear was in the truck but I did come across a big 8 pointer and a doe under my freakin stand. Well they jumped out and I thought it was over. Went back next weekend to finish up brush clearing and do some early bow hunting for turkeys and deer andI had turkeys all around me in two groups while I was competing with a lonely hen in the fields. Everytime I would move, off they went but I kept calling and they kept coming. These were all toms and could easily go for 20 lbs each with beards dragging on the ground. Just awesome but never able to get them in the comfort zone of 20 yds with bow. WellI picked up and packed all in the truck again and while Ii get in a 150 class 10 pointer runs across the road and comes up to my truck within 10 yards and checks me out as I was still in just awe of this guy. He walked on andI reached for the doe can and he did respond with a grunt but he did stay away. It appears that the 8 and 10 are working the area asI have all kinds of sign near the stand. I hope to get a shot at either of these monsters. We are in an antler restricted zone which means we cannot shoot bucks that have less that 4 points on on side, so for years we have let em go and now we are seeing bigger bucks. With my luck of course I may never see them during gun season. YesI hunt gun season with a muzzy and will never go back to slug guns. Good luck to all this year.