Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Failed Again.  I Just Could Not Do It. >

Failed Again. I Just Could Not Do It.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Failed Again. I Just Could Not Do It.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Failed Again. I Just Could Not Do It.

Went to Cabala's today and figured if they had some BlackHorn on the shelf I would go ahead,bite the bullet, and buy some to try in the Mustang(just so Cayugad could say "I told you so").

Walked up to the counter and, sure enough, there were about a half dozen canisters sitting therenext tothe Pyrodex and Triple 7. Asked the guy behind the counter "how much is that BlackHorn powder". He says "what's BlackHorn powder?" Pointing to it on the shelf, I say "that stuff right there, in the kinda` square canister". He picks it up and there's no price on it. So he enters the code in his machine, and says "it's $37.99". With tax, that would be $41.22 for ten ounces, about a half-buck more than what I paid for four pounds of GOEX.

Guys, I just could not do it. I left therestill a BlackHorn virgin (but came REAL close to buying an Omega X7 - man that little gun feels good on the shoulder - maybe they'll have an after Christmas sale on them ).
Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Failed Again. I Just Could Not Do It.

Semisane went hunting and saw a big buck with a BLACKHORN.. he could not do it.

Well maybe its a good thing you did not make the plunge. Now you have nothing to compare it to and you will never know what your missing. Besides, maybe your Mustang will not shoot the stuff.

While I like the powder, I would hate dropping that kind of money too. So just keep shooting Goex. and wonder..
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Cayugad, you're right. ButI wonder about a lot of things.

I DO wonder if BH would be super accurate in the Mustang, and maybe get me to that magic 1" group with that gun. I also wonder ifmy .25 ACP breechplug will ignite it reliably. And I wonder if my life will be immensely improved if it does, or whether I'dstill just be and old, fat,bald guy punching holes in paper from afar. And I wonder if any deer I shoot at 75 yards with BH will be deader than the ones I shoot with GOEX, Pyrodex, or T7. And I wonder, wonder who - who wrote the book of love?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

Just to help you out... I have Bh - got 2 bottles of it while back - I really want to say 2 lbs of it - you already know that is not true - but anyway I have shot up one bottle - 10oz's and I tried not to waste a single grain... but my Omega is loaded up as we/I type for a short trip in the morning - actually it has been loaded since 10/9 - it is loaded with T7 as i will continue to use it, but I did order another 2 bottles from the local SG store and he orders directly from Western - for FUTURE experimentation...
Old 10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Cabela's is really high... I can get it here at Sportsman's Warehouse w/tax, title and tags for $31. I don't blame you at that price. Besides ignorance is bliss, right?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, its different strokes for different folks, no bigger deal than some people using Pyrodex and some using 777.
It has a lot more advantageforthose of us that had crud ring than the ones that did not, and if you already get inch groups then the improvement is only visable at long range. Lee
Old 10-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah thats pricey. If I shot muzzleloaders more than I do, I couldnt pay that price. Now as for that Omega X7. Go for it. I love mine Great little walk around/ treestand gun
Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

At that price, I'll stay with 777.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Burntmuch, you got a scope on that X7, or do you use the factory peep? What's your best load and what kind of groups do you get?

And Spaniel, I see you have an X7 too. Same questions.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Semi, I ain't going back to T7 for my inline. Jusyt toooooo nice w/ the BH209. Shoot more, no swab between welll you know the drill.............

Quick Reply: Failed Again. I Just Could Not Do It.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.