Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Who Likes Shooting Fiber Optic Sights >

Who Likes Shooting Fiber Optic Sights

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who Likes Shooting Fiber Optic Sights

Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Who Likes Shooting Fiber Optic Sights

Hey guys I will be sighting my Remington Genesis in about 2 weeks from now.It came with Fiber Optic sights which seem to be great for low light conditions.I am tossed about putting a Williams peep sight on the rear with the fiber optic on front.I have shot both ways but the peep really helped with accuracy.This is my first gun with fiber optics as I have always used the traditional open sights that came on them.I have a nice Burris scope I could use but this year I just want to use open sights of some kind as I like the way the gun looks without a scope but maybe next year.Thanks for any input you can give and thanks for the good information you all provide! Mike
Old 10-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who Likes Shooting Fiber Optic Sights

I never shot a peep sight with a fiber optic front. Might be interesting. You could go look at Tru Glow fiber optics.. they sell a peep with fiber optic edges.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Tru Glo Fiber Optic Globe Sight System and I really like it. I feel like I get a better sight picture than with standard fiber optics. You might look into it, it's $50 at cabelas.

Vince
Old 10-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't care for them. Lately I've been seeing a double front sight with the fiber opitcs. I cured it by applying a dab of white fingernail polish to the end of it. It is still plenty bright and I don't ge the double image.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Spike

As far as I'm concerned a peep sight and a fiber front sight are the way to go, especially for hunting.Just like you said, accuracy is improved significantly. I haven't had any issues like halos that others have reported. Ihaven't found any other combination that works as well for my eyes.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Spike

Never have shot a peep, but I have no issues with the stock fiber optics on my CVA Wolf.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

I don't care much for them except on a pistol. I like squared notch black sights and scopes. I think it is because of how my eyes work more than the technology, most people love them.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The amount of glow changes with the strength of the available light,this will change the poi at longer ranges. Lee
Old 10-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO fiber optic sights are the biggest piece of junk to come down the road in a long time. Cheap plastic junk as far as I am concerned. I have been shooting steel front and rear sights for years with no problems. Just about everyone I know has had problems with the fiber optics. Breaking, and even falling off. Tom.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Closest thing I ever used to fiber optics on a gun is a dab of finger nail polish on the front bead to see it a litle better. I love them on a bow though. They are protected good and you have 3 or 4 in case something happens to one.

Quick Reply: Who Likes Shooting Fiber Optic Sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.