Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Got My New Barnes Bullets Today >

Got My New Barnes Bullets Today

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got My New Barnes Bullets Today

Old 08-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got My New Barnes Bullets Today

Results for the T/C Triumph, 100 grains American Pioneer (2) Pellets, Barnes Spitfire T-EZ 250 grain bullet, 100 Yards 1.5" 3 shot group. I will check into the Harvester Black Crushed rib sabots to help make loading easier.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

How hard are they loading now? From the looks of that group I'm not sure I would change a thing.
Art
Old 09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Results for the T/C Triumph, 100 grains American Pioneer (2) Pellets, Barnes Spitfire T-EZ 250 grain bullet, 100 Yards 1.5" 3 shot group. I will check into the Harvester Black Crushed rib sabots to help make loading easier.

Nice shooting. The Barnes bullets 300g Origonals shoot very well out of a Savage, with a Crushed Rib sabot (.452 CR) and a Winchester Primer---67g of 4198 Smokeless (a 45/70 powder). This is a group I shot this AM 9/1/08, 100 yard, about 1 3/4" Center to center, there are 5 shots in the group. Chap

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys shoot good.
I need more range time
Old 09-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: saxman1

You guys shoot good.
I need more range time
I didn't showmy first 5 shots, not as good, but here they are---I didn't do a post of these since it is the same as I have done over and over. I have shot 4 boxes of 50 bullets in my Savage, and a lot of them were not good, but I have improved over the year, and the lead sled you just took back is what I used with 10 lbs of weight not 50 or 100 lbs. The Sled has helped me stay steady. After shot #1, I went 4 clicks up, after shot 3 I went 3 clicks down. So there was adjusting here in this shooting.
Chap

Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Well, they do load pretty hard for lknhuntress and it is her gun, so I will give the crushed rib sabots a try and compare the groupI get. Right nowI am very happy with the performance of the Barnes Spitfire T-EZ Bullets with their Sabots. The trigger pull on the Triumph is just right,I think that helps the accuracy as well. For shooting, I used a support under the forend of the gun, a card table and sat on a five gallon bucket. LKNCHOPPERS
Old 09-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

lknhuntress
Get a can of black horn 209 for that Triumph when you get a chance, its cleaner and about 400 or fps faster and it groups much more consistantly than APP, I used to shoot APP. Lee
Old 09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those spitfires have the boattail base so I don't think you are suppose to use the crush rib sabots with them. The Expanders should be straight down to the base so the crush ribs would be fine with them.
Best wishes,
Art
Old 09-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: flounder33

Those spitfires have the boattail base so I don't think you are suppose to use the crush rib sabots with them. The Expanders should be straight down to the base so the crush ribs would be fine with them.
Best wishes,
Art
Barnes has just come out with a new Flat based TMZ, theboat tails don't shootwell in most Savages, but flat based bullets like the Origonal and MZ do. The bullet is called the Spit-fire T-EZ:

http://www.barnesbullets.com/products/coming-in-2008/new-spit-fire-t-ez%E2%84%A2/

Chap
Old 09-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

oops, I stand corrected.
Art

Quick Reply: Got My New Barnes Bullets Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.