Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady SST's

Old 08-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Hornady SST's

Hello guy's,

New to the forum. I am curious if any of you can help me out with some info on Hornady low drag 300 grain SST's in my CVA Kodiak Magnum. 50 caliber. I am looking to try to get a ballistics set on it. My wife drew a Muzzleloader elk tag in Utah and we are trying to fine tune it after some general shooting practice. She is shooting 100 grains of Pyrodex pellets.

Do any of you know the ballistics coefficient of this bullet? Do any of you have a ball park estimate of the velocity I may be shooting? Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Chad
Old 08-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hornady SST's

ORIGINAL: Chad Doyle

Hello guy's,

New to the forum. I am curious if any of you can help me out with some info on Hornady low drag 300 grain SST's in my CVA Kodiak Magnum. 50 caliber. I am looking to try to get a ballistics set on it. My wife drew a Muzzleloader elk tag in Utah and we are trying to fine tune it after some general shooting practice. She is shooting 100 grains of Pyrodex pellets.

Do any of you know the ballistics coefficient of this bullet? Do any of you have a ball park estimate of the velocity I may be shooting? Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Chad
300g SW is .250 I believe. As for your MV, I believe it is right around 1700. Chap Gleason
Old 08-26-2008, 07:05 PM

Thank you Chap. I will base my estimates on those stats!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forum Chad. What kind of groups are you getting with that gun and load?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chad Doyle

Thank you Chap. I will base my estimates on those stats!
http://www.powerbeltbullets.com/docs/PBB26inchballistics.pdf shows a 295g Powerbelt avg at 1670 for 100 of pyrodex pellets. that is for 28 inch barrel. Chap

Old 08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know or care about the ballistics of the SST's, I hunted with them last season and they did squat on putting down deer.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know or care about the ballistics of the SST's, I hunted with them last season and they did squat on putting down deer.
OK beast, you've got out attention. Now tell us more. What happened? Details. Details. Details.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK beast, you've got out attention. Now tell us more.

Yes, please do tell us more.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I will be shooting these today!! I will post info when I get back!!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: beast44k

If you have some 200g SST's left over, that you want to unload...just PM me, I'll take'um off your hands

Quick Reply: Hornady SST's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.